UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure about you guys in the UK but there now seems to be the increasingly regular added cost of Delivery in Ireland on new cars. Never noticed it before as the last new car I bought was in 1999 and I did not have to pay it.

I have asked my dealer twice on all costs and he has never mentioned this payment so hoping it will not be a nasty surprise when I go to collect and which I will have to have a few words about if it is the case. Anyway on Dacia adverts over here it is mentioned as up to €600 which seems to be standard across the motor industry in general.

However what I was wondering is if people know what this covers. Surely it does not cost €600 to transport a car about 200km's especially when they will be getting them in bulk.

Anybody have any info on this ...

·
Registered
96 Posts
It is listed on my invoice from a dealer as £495.83 for delivery and then VAT will be added to this but it shows as being included in the overall price of the vehicle. It does state in the brochure that manufacturers RRP on the road includes delivery to the dealers premises.

I would check out what it says in the brochure about delivery

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
UK car prices are very open and honest these days. They are listed as OTR (on the road) and so include everything you need to drive the car off the garage forecourt apart from fuel and insurance. Therefore, when it comes to comparing car prices nobody here is really interested in how that price is split up.
I did notice that in Eire prices are less transparent and that they sneak that delivery charge in. Of course it is the cost of delivery from Chennai in India, not from the port to the dealer!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts