UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the Dacia site this information - slightly concerned as I was told still June delivery last week by my dealer - the * bit at the bottom concerns me most - so does this mean ordering still not even started for anyone?

Model/Version Earliest available delivery for factory orders
Sandero July
Sandero Stepway* September

Duster
(For new customer orders)
Access 1.6 16V 105 4x2 September
Access 1.6 16V 105 4x4 July
Ambiance dCi 110 4x2 June
Ambiance dCi 110 4x2 with ESC/ASR July (August for Alpine White)
Ambiance dCi 110 4x4 July (October for Alpine White)
Ambiance dCi 110 4x4 with ESC/ASR August (October for Alpine White)
Laureate dCi 110 4x2 April (May for Alpine White)
Laureate dCi 110 4x2 with ESC/ASR August
Laureate dCi 110 4x4 April
Laureate dCi 110 4x4 with ESC/ASR August

*Factory ordering to open mid-April
Last update: 09/04/13

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
I asked Dacia UK on their Facebook page and they said on new orders only but can depend on the model chosen. And to check again with your dealership. So might be an idea to contact yours for some clarification.

Juju

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I asked Dacia UK on their Facebook page and they said on new orders only but can depend on the model chosen. And to check again with your dealership. So might be an idea to contact yours for some clarification.

Juju
Thanks will do - but I take "*Factory ordering to open mid-April" as to meaning factory only starting to take orders mid-April and even then we will ignore your order and make a batch of these specs/colours alternating every week - we hope to match yours as and when as per Duster thread ;)

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Remember the duster is built in India and the Stepway/Sandero are being built in Romania. I'd like to think this is relating to new orders only, Lou and I have had a Stepway order in since 8/feb.

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
LOL, that's funny.

Honestly the delay is good for me, so not really that bothered about waiting for the actual car, although my road tax ends in Sept. Any later and maybe panic will start to set in :lol:.

Right now, i'm really desperate to get a test drive and to see the demo in the flesh (so to speak). I love how it looks (in pictures :unsure:) and it ticks all my boxes but just need to see it in the flesh.

"*Factory ordering to open mid-April" as to meaning factory only starting to take orders mid-April and even then we will ignore your order and make a batch of these specs/colours alternating every week - we hope to match yours as and when as per Duster thread ;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Remember the duster is built in India and the Stepway/Sandero are being built in Romania. I'd like to think this is relating to new orders only, Lou and I have had a Stepway order in since 8/feb.
Yep I liked to think so as well but this is Dacia we are talking bout.......

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL, that's funny.

Honestly the delay is good for me, so not really that bothered about waiting for the actual car, although my road tax ends in Sept. Any later and maybe panic will start to set in :lol:.

Right now, i'm really desperate to get a test drive and to see the demo in the flesh (so to speak). I love how it looks (in pictures :unsure:) and it ticks all my boxes but just need to see it in the flesh.
I would like to laugh but that really does seem to be the order/match up process used by Dacia for the dusters......

Yup deffo needs a test drive before I commit but the mini SUV look is gonna be all the rage this year......

Have you test drove the Sandero - I tested the 1.5d and all good performance wise......

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just had an e-mail from Dacia saying my order had been placed and that my dealer will be in touch with a delivery date.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You tease ;) Just seen on your other thread you are in Spain.....well at least someone in Europe getting delivery......

Please give a review and pics as soon as you get it

Our Stepway has been built in Morroco - delivery next week so a total of 3 months from ordering but no medianav. Big problem with it.

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
All change again on the Dacia Stepway delivery front.

Looks like all Stepways will be coming to us sooner than expected, on the Dacia website it now says August.

·
Registered
2 Posts
AHRRRRRRR.... Sorrry, I ordered my stepway ambiance dci 90 in early January, as my '' trusty '' landrover was about to give up!!! being sick of second hand cars, I took the plunge to find a affordable new car!! The salesman told me April ... OK I said. Then Had to scrape the landrover through a MOT.. JUST. 2 weeks later its Fudkdkd ( broke!!),, so i spoke to the garage, NO DUE DATE! I have now bought a 14 year old corsa just to tide me by.....

I have now read this..... SEPTEMBER!!!!!!! Really!!!! PLEASE, I can't do any more 'second hand cars' !!!

From an impatient buyer!!!!!

I REALLY CAN'T WAIT!!!

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
AHRRRRRRR.... Sorrry, I ordered my stepway ambiance dci 90 in early January, as my '' trusty '' landrover was about to give up!!! being sick of second hand cars, I took the plunge to find a affordable new car!! The salesman told me April ... OK I said. Then Had to scrape the landrover through a MOT.. JUST. 2 weeks later its Fudkdkd ( broke!!),, so i spoke to the garage, NO DUE DATE! I have now bought a 14 year old corsa just to tide me by..... I have now read this..... SEPTEMBER!!!!!!! Really!!!! PLEASE, I can't do any more 'second hand cars' !!!From an impatient buyer!!!!! I REALLY CAN'T WAIT!!!
It's now saying August but two have been confirmed as June and July so you might be in luck

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
I think they probably exaggerated the time scale so Stepway customers don't go through the same shambles as the Dusters orders. Almost every one is happy when a new car comes early.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had my dealer on the phone today. (he contacted me) to say that he has received confirmation from Dacia,that My ordered (February ) Stepway Lauriet will be delivered last week in July, or the first week in August. Like others on this forum. I told him if that's the case, I don't wish to have it registered until September, with the new Registration date. He agreed that this was a fair request. I also told him that if the vehicle was not ready for collection on the first of September, I would be demanding my £500 deposit back, and that I would be looking reluctantly, elsewhere for a new vehicle. Not sure what he meant, but he said he felt that sure his dealership could come to a mutually acceptable agreement, should that unlikely situation arise. I do hope this car is going to be more efficient than Dacia production, and delivery. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My dealer rang me this morning to say my stepway is now likely to arrive end of July/beginning of Aug. But if I was willing to change the colour there might be a chance of getting it earlier. Has anyone else heard anything like that?

Sent from KINDLE FIRE HD

1 - 20 of 156 Posts