UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a phone call from the dealer today, delivery date of 1st September for my white diesel Stepway has been pushed back to the end of September. I suppose I was quite surprised to be given a delivery date of September 1st when I ordered it back in June. Lets just say I'm not impressed and I am starting to get a little bit worked up :angry:. Needless to say I'll be visiting the dealer at the weekend to discuss!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Oh dear! Sorry to hear that.

I'm worried now. Ordered a Laureate Diesel white with Touring pack & spare wheel July 6th I think. Guessing mine will be delayed even more than yours then! I've been having emails from my dealer every week or so confirming it'll be available within the first week of September. Just the other day they emailed saying the usual so this delay must be very very recent.

Unless it's region specific or something. I notice you're from Halifax. Most cars are brought into the country at Bristol (20 minutes from where I live), not sure about Dacia's though. Sometimes dealers wait until there's a set amount of vehicles ordered so they all come at the same time, on the same lorry delivery - saving them money.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I ordered mine just over 2 weeks ago, no delivery date and can't get hold of the salesman - might have to pay a visit on Saturday and see what they have to say.

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
Oh dear! Sorry to hear that.

I'm worried now. Ordered a Laureate Diesel white with Touring pack & spare wheel July 6th I think. Guessing mine will be delayed even more than yours then! I've been having emails from my dealer every week or so confirming it'll be available within the first week of September. Just the other day they emailed saying the usual so this delay must be very very recent.

Unless it's region specific or something. I notice you're from Halifax. Most cars are brought into the country at Bristol (20 minutes from where I live), not sure about Dacia's though. Sometimes dealers wait until there's a set amount of vehicles ordered so they all come at the same time, on the same lorry delivery - saving them money.
Dacia import centre is at Tynemouth Dock, Newcastle-upon-Tyne ! ;)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ah ok.

To me this sounds like they possibly ballsed up your original order and have placed a new one. If you ordered a Stepway now, you could expect delivery for the end of September is what has got me thinking.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
It does go in fits and starts, when I ordered Dave they told me beginning of April, then it slipped back to end of April. A bit of tap dancing, ranting and general teddy throwing with threats of cancellation and me ringing EVERY dealer within a 200 mile radius, resulted in me getting him on time :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just hope that they don't try to fob me off by saying they can get a coloured Stepway but I'll have to pay extra for it!

There could be serious repercussions if they try that bullcrap. free-fighting-smileys-216.gif

Just see what the weekend brings

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
I just wonder how some dealers get it right and others get it wrong ?

I know it was last year, but when I ordered my Stepway in July the dealer, Renault Wolverhampton, said he could not give me delivery date there and then, but would place the order and ring me back within a couple of days, but he thought it would be around late October going by previous orders. He rang me back two days later and said it would be 22 November and did I still want it ?

I said yes and he contiued to ring me every few weeks, with an update of 'still on track' for 22 November.

On 19 November he rang and said to collect on 21 November if I wished ! He offered me the free 7days insurance so he could do all the registration paper work and I could do my insurance at leisure.

When I went to collect he sat in the car with me, going though the MediaNav functions, cruise/speed limiter, on board fuel computer etc. Would let me leave until I was perfectly happy. All I wanted to do was drive it away !!

An overall pleasure doing business with them !!

I do feel for those of you who are being p***ed about. But there are some decent dealers out there ! ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think it depends on exactly what you order, as when I ordered he could see that the exact colour and model was already at the import centre. So what they do is basically link the booking to that car so no other dealer can take it, so my delivery date is set at 3rd Sept, and I hope it is carried through. My dealer at Wolverhampton seems really good at his job and honest, which is a rare find.

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
I think it depends on exactly what you order, as when I ordered he could see that the exact colour and model was already at the import centre. So what they do is basically link the booking to that car so no other dealer can take it, so my delivery date is set at 3rd Sept, and I hope it is carried through. My dealer at Wolverhampton seems really good at his job and honest, which is a rare find.
I had the same experience with Wolverhampton Renault, was it Justin by the way?

When I ordered mine, last July, they didn't keep stock at the import centre ! Each one was built to order ! Justin even told me when it was on the production line ! ;)

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I just wonder how some dealers get it right and others get it wrong ?

I know it was last year, but when I ordered my Stepway in July the dealer, Renault Wolverhampton, said he could not give me delivery date there and then, but would place the order and ring me back within a couple of days, but he thought it would be around late October going by previous orders. He rang me back two days later and said it would be 22 November and did I still want it ?

I said yes and he contiued to ring me every few weeks, with an update of 'still on track' for 22 November.

On 19 November he rang and said to collect on 21 November if I wished ! He offered me the free 7days insurance so he could do all the registration paper work and I could do my insurance at leisure.

When I went to collect he sat in the car with me, going though the MediaNav functions, cruise/speed limiter, on board fuel computer etc. Would let me leave until I was perfectly happy. All I wanted to do was drive it away !!

An overall pleasure doing business with them !!

I do feel for those of you who are being p***ed about. But there are some decent dealers out there ! ;)
Love the way you accept it as quite frankly ni on 6 moths waiting list is pants. How would that work with a part ex' do you get a future value six months down the line? If Dacia/Renault want to be serious players then the supply chain for cars and parts just has to improve or people will vote with their feet.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think theres quite some stock now at the import centre, my stepway is already there waiting to goto dealer. Yes it is Justin. He has also sent me 2 pages of registration numbers for me to pick my own reg.

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
Nice guy, Justin ! Gave a good p/x price and still honoured it at delivery time 5months later !

When you take delivery, he will sit in the car with you and talk you though every thing ! ;)

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I think theres quite some stock now at the import centre, my stepway is already there waiting to goto dealer. Yes it is Justin. He has also sent me 2 pages of registration numbers for me to pick my own reg.
I'd like to think that mine could be there, but as I'm still waiting for any sort of information I seriously doubt I'll get what I've been promised!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'd like to think that mine could be there, but as I'm still waiting for any sort of information I seriously doubt I'll get what I've been promised!
I really wouldn't stand for that. Go into the dealer and demand a delivery date. They do know, and there are stocks at the import centre now.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I've made a complaint to Dacia UK because so far the dealer hasn't been in contact and hasn't returned any of my calls. 3 weeks ago tomorrow I placed the order.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts