UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone noticed that dacias are easily dented?

my door opened up accidently into another car and literally just touched its mirror. the light contact has now made a small dent in my door now.

bloody wind.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I seem to remember certain Duster owner who shall remain nameless had a light coming together with a fence or gate some time ago, and was surprised by the way the metal opened up almost like foil. The non-structural steel is evidently thinner than in some other cars. Annoying, I imagine, but just one of the things that allows them to keep the prices where they are. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
has anyone noticed that dacias are easily dented?
my door opened up accidently into another car and literally just touched its mirror. the light contact has now made a small dent in my door now.
bloody wind.
Yeh I've noticed when I wash it sometimes I can feel the metal give way under my hand, especially on the bonnet, but thankfully it pops back up again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi

It is truly sickening when you find a dent in your new or newish "pride & Joy." However I really haven't found my Stepway to be any more susceptible to dents than any other car I have owned, in fact the panels seem a good deal stronger than some far more expensive cars that I have driven.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Iv had my Dacia for 1 week and iv noticed the metal to be thinner when I washed my car. I agree with what @carlos States you can feel the metal give way under your hand. But this may be how most newer cars are made now down to a price not quality as they say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Compared to my Hyundai Coupe the metal is solid ! That caved in everywhere and popped back out when I was washing it .

I was dented slightly just after I had the car but you just HAVE to live with is , its bound to happen eventually I suppose . . . . . . .

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Compared to our c max and the pixo it's very flexible... Not quite as flexible as a Citroën c4 though, I was shocked the first time I lifted the bonnet on one of those, god knows what would happen to it in high wind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts