UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who are not used to diesel engines is important to know that the fuel system on diesel engines must never run out of fuel, always have in the fuel tank at least 1 (one) gallon of diesel or 5 liters to be certain that never happens. If the system runs out of diesel, air is drawn from the tank fuel gets into the system to the injection pump and then is a bit of a hassle (even if u top up after) to bleed out the air from the system and the fuel injection pump.

If this has happened already Dacia diesel engines are equipped with a small rubber kidney shaped manual pump in the engine bay from which u can manually drawn fuel through the system until the injection pump is full of diesel and the engine is able to start.

So, in fine words, to prevent that, simply do not run out of fuel.

Happy motoring.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
SO.....does anyone know....when the fuel drops down into the square box....and the fuel light comes on on the dashboard.....

How much is left in the tank for the Duster ??????

Cheers DM

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
WARNING To petrol engine users: If you run out of petrol your car will stop and you'll have to get a suitable container and maybe a long walk to a petrol station and back to get some fuel.

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
:) Chris You are really coming out of your shell, I used to think you were the silent serious type but there is a silly sense of humour lurking underneath.

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
:) Chris You are really coming out of your shell, I used to think you were the silent serious type but there is a silly sense of humour lurking underneath.
You've noticed. I'm flattered.

Unveiling his Spending Review, George Osborne says Britain is a country that is meeting its problems head on. And without its seat-belt on.

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
ohhhhhhhhh!

I feel a bit daft now !!!

Well I'm a girl......how can I know techy stuff like that when it doesn't actually SAY !!!!! LOL :D
I dont feel you should feel daft because I didnt know any of this either and I am extremely intelligent! :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
This reminds me of: many years ago I worked on the programming for a tester for Jaguar cars. This was before On-board diagnostics. The software went to every Jaguar dealership worldwide. We got professional translators in for most foreign versions, but we did the USA version ourselves. Changing "Bonnet" to "hood", "Boot" to "trunk", "Petrol" to "gasoline" etc.

One of the instructions was a visual check for fuel in the tank. "Open the filler cap and shine a torch down to see if there is any petrol in the tank", we changed "petrol" to "gasoline" and sent it off.

A few days later we got a very worried call from the US division. "No, no, no. A "Torch" is a flaming device as carried by the Statue of Liberty. You can't tell people to use that to look for gas. You must change it to "Flashlight".

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Chris I used to work in Saudi Arabia and had many friends at British Aerospace. One of them was responsible for training Saudi aeronautical engineers. One day one of his trainees pointed to a sign on the back of a plane, written in Arabic,and said Mr Bill, do you know what this says? Bill couldn't read Arabic and was hugely amused when the trainee told him that the literal translation was "Warning, This camel farts hot!!"

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This reminds me of: many years ago I worked on the programming for a tester for Jaguar cars. This was before On-board diagnostics. The software went to every Jaguar dealership worldwide. We got professional translators in for most foreign versions, but we did the USA version ourselves. Changing "Bonnet" to "hood", "Boot" to "trunk", "Petrol" to "gasoline" etc.

One of the instructions was a visual check for fuel in the tank. "Open the filler cap and shine a torch down to see if there is any petrol in the tank", we changed "petrol" to "gasoline" and sent it off.

A few days later we got a very worried call from the US division. "No, no, no. A "Torch" is a flaming device as carried by the Statue of Liberty. You can't tell people to use that to look for gas. You must change it to "Flashlight".
hahahahahahhah this has killed me hahahahhahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Chris I used to work in Saudi Arabia and had many friends at British Aerospace. One of them was responsible for training Saudi aeronautical engineers. One day one of his trainees pointed to a sign on the back of a plane, written in Arabic,and said Mr Bill, do you know what this says? Bill couldn't read Arabic and was hugely amused when the trainee told him that the literal translation was "Warning, This camel farts hot!!"
ure all nuts i cant breathe stop :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
I dont feel you should feel daft because I didnt know any of this either and I am extremely intelligent! :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
eeek, that should have said you SHOULDN'T feel daft!! Woolly head strikes again!

Reactions: Steve r
1 - 20 of 26 Posts