UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to this forum.

I'm thinking about getting a Sandero Stepway but am unsure about whether to get a petrol or diesel version.

My daily drive to work is only 12 miles each way and I do a lot of short trips at the weekend.

Any advice?

·
Registered
29 Posts
My thoughts are...

If you're not basing your decision on how much it will cost to run, drive both and choose which one you prefer.

If you're basing your decision on cost, not doing much mileage might mean the petrol works out cheaper in the long run. If you're doing lots of miles, the diesel may work out cheaper.

We would choose the petrol as my wife doesn't do many miles, mostly just short trips around town. I also think it would be a better drive, although we haven't driven the diesel to compare.

Good luck!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was just reading about the particulate filter controversy on WatchDog's website and then did more research. It would seem as long as one follows the manufacturers instructions on how to regenerate the filter there shouldn't be any disasters. Once we all get our cars it will be interesting to see how often the PF light comes on. Presumably never if there is enough high heat temperature driving/the automatic regeneration process is not interrupted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts