UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

In response to a post regarding Diesel Particulate Filter problems, I found this company via Google:

http://www.dpfcleanteam.co.uk/

This should not be taken as a personal endorsement, but it's worth noting that DPF issues - which most makers refuse to deal with under warranty - needn't be as drastic or costly to rectify as many of us might assume. Their cleaning service looks to be priced around the £200 - £300 mark. To put that in perspective, a new OEM DPF can be as much as £2000.

They claim also to be able to supply aftermarket and refurbished DPFs at significantly lower cost than going through the manufacturer; the nearest to a relevant example I could find was a refurbished item for a 2006-2009 Clio dCi 1.5 priced at £150.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Has anyone actually had a dpf issue with a dacia yet? I only seem to read anecdotal bullshit on this forum
Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

This thread has nothing to do with "anecdotal bullshit" about problems with Dacias. It is about letting folk know - irrespective of what make of vehicle they have - that, should the worst happen, there is a much cheaper alternative to full DPF replacement - thereby hopefully alleviating some of the fears folk have expressed here and elsewhere when considering a diesel.

If it offends so much, please feel free to remove the whole thread.

Here's the link to the original thread; perhaps your sarcasm would be better directed at the OP rather than at me, who was only trying to help.

http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/forum/topic/20025-15-dieseldiesel-particulate-filter/

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

This thread has nothing to do with "anecdotal bullshit" about problems with Dacias. It is about letting folk know - irrespective of what make of vehicle they have - that, should the worst happen, there is a much cheaper alternative to full DPF replacement - thereby hopefully alleviating some of the fears folk have expressed here and elsewhere when considering a diesel.

If it offends so much, please feel free to remove the whole thread.

Here's the link to the original thread; perhaps your sarcasm would be better directed at the OP rather than at me, who was only trying to help.

http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/forum/topic/20025-15-dieseldiesel-particulate-filter/
Well at least its there to read if someone does need it..... but hopefully not.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
All,

In response to a post regarding Diesel Particulate Filter problems, I found this company via Google:

http://www.dpfcleanteam.co.uk/

This should not be taken as a personal endorsement, but it's worth noting that DPF issues - which most makers refuse to deal with under warranty - needn't be as drastic or costly to rectify as many of us might assume. Their cleaning service looks to be priced around the £200 - £300 mark. To put that in perspective, a new OEM DPF can be as much as £2000.

They claim also to be able to supply aftermarket and refurbished DPFs at significantly lower cost than going through the manufacturer; the nearest to a relevant example I could find was a refurbished item for a 2006-2009 Clio dCi 1.5 priced at £150.
That's a handy link for any one who does end up in the unfortunate position of a fouled up DPF not covered under a warranty.
Albeit this has been a very scarce issue with Dacia's to date, and I really hope it stays that way... Not that I would find myself in that position with my petrol... But in years to come when some of the early Dacia's are ageing its good that if any do happen to go they can be cleaned rather than replaced at extortionate costs to the owners.
I had a look at the site but a pity the link for their video would not work, I would have like to watch it just out of interest.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Had my diesel fiesta over 4 years mostly doing short journeys had no problems what so ever, its always a worry though a mate of mine with a BMW X5 had to pay £450 to get his cleaned but he does city driving where mine is suburban.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've had loads of diesels and never had a problem, never even had to think about it. Maybe it's my varied high mileage that helps with that although my Dad is the exact opposite, still never had a problem. He buys a diesel because he prefers the drive not for over all economic reasons. I reckon too many low mileage drivers buy a diesel when a small petrol might suit better.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I've had loads of diesels and never had a problem, never even had to think about it. Maybe it's my varied high mileage that helps with that although my Dad is the exact opposite, still never had a problem. He buys a diesel because he prefers the drive not for over all economic reasons. I reckon too many low mileage drivers buy a diesel when a small petrol might suit better.
Yeah you're right Shaun I'm like your dad just a lazier drive with a diesel once you're past 50 not much to rush for lol.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Useful post Royale, thanks. =)

900cc petrol with turbo is indiscernible from a high torque 1.6 16v from ten years ago, and it goes like shit off a shovel so don't listen to the resident Eeyore on that score.

I admit I was dubious until I tried a recent converts Sandero 900cc and I was pleasantly shocked. Loads of fun and a good engine note.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Useful post Royale, thanks. =)

900cc petrol with turbo is indiscernible from a high torque 1.6 16v from ten years ago, and it goes like shit off a shovel so don't listen to the resident Eeyore on that score.

I admit I was dubious until I tried a recent converts Sandero 900cc and I was pleasantly shocked. Loads of fun and a good engine note.
Yea The 0.9 Tce turbo engine should not be knocked by those who have not tried it, A friend of mine was recently in mine and he thought it was something between a 1.4 - 1.6 I had some job actually getting him to believe me that it was only a 0.9, Until I showed him the spec on the Dacia website.... So as the saying goes never judge a book by its cover.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm waiting for a diesel Stepway, I do around 30,000 miles a year. I reckon anyone doing less than about 10,000 miles ought to buy the 0.9. In most cases the additional cost of the diesel option will take a long time to be balanced by the extra economy. In the end it's personal choice of course.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Run a Tce Stepway for 18 months now. Never missed a beat, eats up motorways at 120kph and I am always looking at Astras, Ford's and the like disappearing in the mirror. I was sceptical about a 900cc engine too, but it's a belter. Highly recommended.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts