UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and dolls,

Has anyone else on here read or heard about the ill effects of Diesel engines on our health and apparently it's worse than Petrol engines.

I saw this online http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jan/27/diesel-engine-fumes-worse-petrol. My husband said that in France they are going to be taxing these cars in the near future due to the health problems associated with the fumes from the engines.

Do you think the UK government will do the same here with the increase in Road Tax as for so long they have been encouraging the sale of diesel engines. Also found this http://www.clientearth.org/201305012170/news/press-releases/supreme-court-rules-uk-government-is-breaking-air-pollution-laws-2170

What's your opinions everyone?

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
a clean, well maintained and serviced engine, should meet the manufacturers specs with regard to CO2, Nitrogen and particulates.

which is hopefully what our new shiny engines are all doing. :)

A filthy poorly maintained diesel engine, chucking out black fumes, should be taken off the road...be it a car, bus or lorry :angry: .

The clean air act in the 1950's and 1960's did wonders for the state of the air in London, and other big cities.

I wish closer monitoring of buses was done, as this is where the majority of inner city pollution comes from.

They say exhaust fumes are carcinogenic.....what they don't say is how long your nose needs to be up the exhaust !!!

But if I had to pay to go into a town centre cos of my car....then so be it..!

·
Registered
198 Posts
The Guardian article confirms my understanding of the dangers of particulate emissions. However I am no expert . Just a concerned reader of " green " issues.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Emissions from Diesel engines are often much lower than petrol engines, granted what comes out is bad for you in large quantities but so is everything. I suspect the French are using it as an excuse to raise extra revenue, pretty much as the UK gov't did a few years back, they have wars to pay for after all.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Hey guys and dolls,

Has anyone else on here read or heard about the ill effects of Diesel engines on our health and apparently it's worse than Petrol engines.

I saw this online http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jan/27/diesel-engine-fumes-worse-petrol. My husband said that in France they are going to be taxing these cars in the near future due to the health problems associated with the fumes from the engines.

Do you think the UK government will do the same here with the increase in Road Tax as for so long they have been encouraging the sale of diesel engines. Also found this http://www.clientearth.org/201305012170/news/press-releases/supreme-court-rules-uk-government-is-breaking-air-pollution-laws-2170

What's your opinions everyone?
juju ure cute

did u know that the power plant whence ur power for ur computer comes pollutes more that ur stepway to be will in a thousand years???? :p :p :p

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
This government would have to take on the whole of the haulage industry if it wanted to take action against diesel emissions. For what it's worth Juju the newspapers don't investigate this stuff themselves they merely reproduce PR and press releases that they are fed on a daily basis. Everyone has an agenda and this is just another lobby trying to raise its profile.

Reactions: antavi

·
Registered
25 Posts
Seeing as most trucks are now using ad blue to cut emissions I'm surprised that cars haven't started with a similar system

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
No its the technology used in building ecofriendly low emision engine
Eco2 bluetech are trade marks like tdi ttrademark in vw audi dci trademark in renault both are turbocharge diesel engines

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks I get that bit
ad blue is a solution that's sprayed into the exhaust manifold on trucks
Just wondered why cars aren't using a similar system

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Thanks I get that bit ad blue is a solution that's sprayed into the exhaust manifold on trucks Just wondered why cars aren't using a similar system
i think u are confused a little bit

on trucks that spray eliminates water from the fuel mostly used in winter cause the water turns into ice and the engine wont start, and its sprayed into the admission manifold not exhaust

an any vehicle u cant access into the exhaust manifold cause its a closed circuit except when its in the garage for repairs

if that its the case it doesnt have nothing to do with with the environment

·
Registered
25 Posts
spider said:
Thanks I get that bit ad blue is a solution that's sprayed into the exhaust manifold on trucks Just wondered why cars aren't using a similar system
i think u are confused a little bit

on trucks that spray eliminates water from the fuel mostly used in winter cause the water turns into ice and the engine wont start, and its sprayed into the admission manifold not exhaust

an any vehicle u cant access into the exhaust manifold cause its a closed circuit except when its in the garage for repairs

if that its the case it doesnt have nothing to do with with the environment
I'm not confused in the slightest
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diesel_exhaust_fluid
It has nothing to do with diesel freezing its added in at exhaust
After another search it would seem that vag are using this on some of its models

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
ok i get it

well first of all these engines on dacia on this forum are new so dont need additives cause they are built to sertain specs and they are fitted with DPF (diesel particle filter) which pretty much does exactly what this solution does

this additive probably works in older diesel engines that arent equiped with dpf, dpf its mandatory relatively new just 2 3 years now

quote: The solution may also be referred to as AUS32 [2] or as AdBlue, a trademark held by the German Association of the Automobile Industry (VDA), which ensures quality standards are maintained in accord with ISO 22241 specifications.[3]

Diesel engines run with a lean (overstoichiometric) air-to-fuel ratio to ensure the combustion of soot and prevent unburnt fuel from being emitted. unquote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diesel_Particulate_Filter

1 - 20 of 29 Posts