UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Iv'e made my Logan look slightly different by covering the bumper bar behind the number plate with an offcut of "carbon fibre" look vinyl, and cut off the EC flag on said no. plate. Along with the resprayed (in black) hubcaps It looks a little different. 2014-08-28 14.07.08logan black grill.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Looks great, how about the fog lamp inserts too? It would look even better, would have that x look thing to it.
Did you cut the vinyl yourself? Very neat.
I like the lower black plastic upper part painted bumper look myself... like the stepways.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The vinyl was quite easy to do, but I did make a template first out of paper and lightly spray mounted it in position. I then ran a pencil around it in the recess, peeled it off, trimmed to the pencil line and then put it onto the sheet of vinyl. Then just cut it out. Before putting it on I marked a centre line on the bumper and vinyl. It went on like a dream although it can be peeled off again if not too much pressure is applied. My next job is to put a strip on the top of the rear bumper to save scuffing when loading stuff.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
The vinyl was quite easy to do, but I did make a template first out of paper and lightly spray mounted it in position. I then ran a pencil around it in the recess, peeled it off, trimmed to the pencil line and then put it onto the sheet of vinyl. Then just cut it out. Before putting it on I marked a centre line on the bumper and vinyl. It went on like a dream although it can be peeled off again if not too much pressure is applied. My next job is to put a strip on the top of the rear bumper to save scuffing when loading stuff.
that's a good idea, mine was recently scuffed badly by a Guy at our local tip who was trying to 'help'
Is it expensive?

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks very nice. Any side shots? I'm interested in getting a Logan and fancy changing the wheels - either doing what you have done or even some slightly larger alloys.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
There is no legal requirement to have the EU flag and 'GB' identifier on your number plate. Physically cutting off the end of the number plate with it on might cause some problems though, as your plate won't then be the correct length.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts