UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
wow...what a stunningly beautiful country Romania is

the scenery, wildlife, views, those flower meadows....

thank you for sharing that video with us Ant, Carpathia is beautiful...

DM x

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Shame it had so much of prince Charles in it though.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I'll have a look tonight when I'm back on wifi.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
just been looking on-line....

for those of you with Sky and cable....

Wild Carpathia 3 is on this afternoon at 2pm on the Travel Channel....

SHOWING NEXT...

3 WILD FOREVER

Tuesday 05 November 2013 at14:00

3 WILD FOREVER

Sunday 10 November 2013 at01:00

3 WILD FOREVER

Sunday 10 November 2013 at10:00

3 WILD FOREVER

Wednesday 13 November 2013 at00:00

3 WILD FOREVER

Friday 15 November 2013 at 14:00

3 WILD FOREVER

Saturday 16 November 2013 at09:00

3 WILD FOREVER

Sunday 17 November 2013 at23:00

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
On the news this morning - apart from Rockets being sent to Mars from Chennai!!! Do you think they will have Dacia parts?????

Apart from that, they were saying that loads of pensioners in the UK are living on the breadline and can hardly afford their heating bills - b*****ks!!! Make them watch this video and see that old lady who supports herself by growing vegetables with no financial help and who has to carry water back to her home in a bucket. And as if that wasn't bad enough, she probably had to meet prince Charles as well.

So stop whingeing and start being thankful.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
On the news this morning - apart from Rockets being sent to Mars from Chennai!!! Do you think they will have Dacia parts?????

Apart from that, they were saying that loads of pensioners in the UK are living on the breadline and can hardly afford their heating bills - b*****ks!!! Make them watch this video and see that old lady who supports herself by growing vegetables with no financial help and who has to carry water back to her home in a bucket. And as if that wasn't bad enough, she probably had to meet prince Charles as well.

So stop whingeing and start being thankful.
I rated this as funny..... just to clarify it was the comment about Prince Charles!

Maud, the pensioners can't watch the video 'cos they can't afford the electricity either. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Maud Fondeo

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I meant Ant's Wild Carpathia video, not Skrich's Wild video of scantily dressed attractive ladies fiddling!!!!!
Were they scantily dressed?? I must have missed that.... me being a music-lover and everything.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Been to Romania twice . Probably my favourite country . Took a train from Bucharest to Brasov , which is a stunning medieval town with some fantastic old churches . Then headed west until I reached the Fagaras Mountains . The Fagaras Ridge is an absolute classic " shark tooth " type ridge , ie, a jagged up and down appearance , and runs for about 120 miles . I,ve done large parts of this ridge , including climbing Moldoveanu , which is Romania,s highest mountain , at about 8000 feet . Very remote if you like that sort of thing , and not crowded like the French / Italian alps . Very friendly and kind people by the way as well , and not deserving of the bad reputation they get in the UK . I can recommend staying at a place called Sambata Monastery , which is at the foothills of Moldoveanu , has rooms for hire , and is a very beautiful building . Its also a good base for an attempt on the mountain . Didnt see any bears on my visits ( they are shy ) , but did see plenty of Dacia,s . ( There ...finally got to talking about Dacia ! )

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Damn, I forgot all about watching these!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts