UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I know nearly all diesel gearboxes apparently use these, but i was wondering with dacia being a budget brand would it have a dreaded dual mass flywheel in the dci or a more simple but reliable solid type to keep costs down?
Can't find any info anywhere.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sold! Thanks for the info, why couldn't the dealer provide this information???
That sandero I was getting for the wife may now be a dci for me, after using that clio ive just gotta get one. she can have to Logan as she's got all the kids mostly.... that's if she'll let me, I've seen her looking at new bathrooms and kitchens this month... and were having a new boiler fitted on Fri so I've got the joy that is workmen in my house.

·
Registered
349 Posts
If your good at eco driving you will be able to touch low 70's mpg.
I wouldnt worry about dmf either just get the 5 year warranty

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've had dmf problems before on an 2006 focus, and twice on a Citroen c4 (the dealer cocked something up the first time)
Its an expence that erases all the fuel savings and probably more..
Although I guess if its under warranty it wont cost me anything anyway, and I'm yet to keep a car more than 3 years anyway... but if the wife ever reads this, I do try!
Although I've now been informed it has no dmf, so that's the tank ill aim for.

Sent from my Blade using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Its not a substandard car it just uses the same components as many renaults thus is cheaper plus the workforce in rom

I dont see why many of u dont understand this

·
Registered
517 Posts
Carlos, Since yesterday I have done a lot of research on this and the unhappy answer is I don't know, the pictures in the manual are unclear and I am unable to find a part number for a flywheel - or a price which would be a good indicator. The repair manual lists Logan/Sandero as a dual mass flywheel with the K9K engine (diesel) and JH3 gearbox but the repair procedure shows a normal flywheel - I suppose we just have to take our cars apart to find out for sure. The clutch fork free travel is different from the clio so that could indicate a normal flywheel but its not definitive. I can tell you that the clutch type is X90 but that is not helping either, its just a diaphragm cover and normal plate as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for that Davidh, maybe more will come to light on here in the future.
Antavi I asked because I've been a victim of dmf failure on two other cars,and I know the ball ache involved in getting it put right, it is because of the pigs at Citroen UK for making me feel this way, making it as difficult as possible to claim under warranty.
I wasn't insisting dacia wasn't a decent car, i know the 1.5 dci I'm the quashqai, note and the megane or whatever it is had issues with early dmf failure in the past, but then again so does Audi, BMW etc as we have these as hire cars at work ranging from 08 to present day.
Its not the car or brand I fear, its the dmf, now that be in any make or model.
Without a dmf it would be a selling point for some.
Think ill stick to the tce... im not sure what the weight difference is compared to the Logan mcv , but I bet it can move the sandero.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
I've just had a 'google' around on this subject and as far as I can make out the 110bhp K9K engine fitted to the Duster has DMF, but the 90php fitted to the Sandero/Logan seems unclear !! :eek:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've just had a 'google' around on this subject and as far as I can make out the 110bhp K9K engine fitted to the Duster has DMF, but the 90php fitted to the Sandero/Logan seems unclear !! :eek:
blimey that's an owld one Roger ;-) my pondering for a diesel is well and truly dead now.
I think if they'd had them there would have been a few more issues thrown up by them by now... But it's possible they might just be more reliable than they once where... :-?

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
blimey that's an owld one Roger ;-) my pondering for a diesel is well and truly dead now.
I think if they'd had them there would have been a few more issues thrown up by them by now... But it's possible they might just be more reliable than they once where... :-?
Yes ! I googled DMF out of curiosity to see whether my Stepway is fitted with one and low and behold the forum came up !! ;)

Still not truly answered the question though, but I think your thoughts are right !!! ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts