UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I online ordered my duster about 2 weeks ago, heard nothing from dacia or my dealer !

So today i go into my chosen dealer with order number in hand, only to be confronted with a number of sales and management personnel that didn't have a single brain cell between them !

Nothing on their system about my order, they didn't know what to do.

Leave it with us and when the right person is back from Easter hols , we'll let you know.

So that's another week or two before my order is even looked at.

So a quick call to dacia online help system only to be confronted with a female ( no offence ) operator who read from the pre written answer sheet, only to be told they will look into it.

So after 2 weeks of not knowing anything, I'm a little cheesed off with Renault and dacia.

What to do ?

Think i'll look around at other motors.

Anyone want my access 4x4 non existent order ? Cost is a reasonable £100, PayPal only !!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I would say, in a word, yes you do mate.

It sounds as though Dacia/Renault have not antiscipated actually getting the orders they have. Let alone how popular this range of cars has been.

I'm not sure if Renault Customer Services oversee Dacia, I assume they probably do as they are trading under the same umbrella. Give them a call and have words, they're usually very helpful.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Bhaaa, only 2 weeks? :lol: Child's play. :) There are veterans here with 6 months of waiting. They are waiting from last summer and some still got no car. Your car probably isn't made yet, let alone delivered from India, then hold in the import center for some weeks and then finally delivered.

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bhaaa, only 2 weeks? :lol: Child's play. :) There are veterans here with 6 months of waiting. They are waiting from last summer and some still got no car. Your car probably isn't made yet, let alone delivered from India, then hold in the import center for some weeks and then finally delivered.
It's not the wait I am on about, it's the order that has gone missing since it was made !!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Unicoder, Just a thought, do you think that ordering online against going to a dealer is causing some of the delays ? As I am picking up my car tomorrow and as I have stated only took under two weeks from order to delivery, again I think I got lucky with timing and model I wanted. It seems a lot of people who have ordered online with add on packs it seems are being shafted. Do you think some of the big dealerships are may be pulling rank over orders. It's just a though !!!!!!

I online ordered my duster about 2 weeks ago, heard nothing from dacia or my dealer !

So today i go into my chosen dealer with order number in hand, only to be confronted with a number of sales and management personnel that didn't have a single brain cell between them !

Nothing on their system about my order, they didn't know what to do.

Leave it with us and when the right person is back from Easter hols , we'll let you know.

So that's another week or two before my order is even looked at.

So a quick call to dacia online help system only to be confronted with a female ( no offence ) operator who read from the pre written answer sheet, only to be told they will look into it.

So after 2 weeks of not knowing anything, I'm a little cheesed off with Renault and dacia.

What to do ?

Think i'll look around at other motors.

Anyone want my access 4x4 non existent order ? Cost is a reasonable £100, PayPal only !!!

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know what's happening !

I order online and receive an email saying , order acknowledged. With July delivery. Great !!

So I go to see dealer about part ex and payment options.

Dealer has no knowledge of my order and cannot help.

Get in touch with dacia UK, via online chat ( because i am deaf i dont use a phone !! ) and no idea about my order either, so what gives, I have a receipt for £100 paid, but they have no idea what has happened, still awaiting some one getting back in touch .

Are the dealers wheeling and dealing with dacia UK, well probably yes is the answer. It's not first come first served !

At the dealers I see 3 dusters sat in the back , 1 in showroom and 1 on the forecourt, only one of them sold awaiting collection.

I am offered different spec levels for delivery next week !! I don't want them, I want an access 4x4 !

I think what has also happened is that dealers have put in orders for cars to resell and they have had first choice of the first batch, looking on autotrader you can see quite a few dusters up for sale pre registered and ready to go.

But that doesn't help me, my order is missing somewhere along the short line and as yet nobody knows why !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts