UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Been away from forum for nearly a year now after selling my Duster for a new Skoda Superb... Like the Skoda but not happy with the low seating position...

So here's the thing, the wife HATES the low seating position (compared to Duster) and says I should not have sold the Duster.

Now do I buy a new Duster or do I buy a new Quashqai, Kia or Hyundai..... Having owned a Duster previously overall I was happy apart from a few minor issues.

It would seem that some of my previous concerns have been addressed now spare wheel, ESR standard, cruise control and speed limiter and a few other things. But always at the back of my mind and what seems to still be there is build quality problems experienced by many of us early adopters of the Duster.

My question is.... Are the new versions better, is the Special Edition: Lauréate Prime worth the extra?

If you have a new Special Edition: Lauréate Prime what are your views based on your ownership.

Another point of concern for me is, in the early days when orders were placed delivery dates were being missed by many, many months.

Is this still the case or are delivery dates being met now?

The rust problem, has that been resolved or are new owners still experiencing the rust issue?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Duster is better value for money, surely than its rivals you mention?
The Prime is only different from the Laureate in its colour , some blue interior belts and an upgraded medianav.
I am over the moon with my Duster Laureate :)
No rust problems reported on the Phase 2 as yet and my order arrived within 3 weeks.
Good luck with whatever you chose to do mate

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Really like the Laureate Prime, If you wanted the medianav then it's worth the extra, if you didn't, then just go Laureate and save quite a bit.

Build quality/feel seems to be much better in the phase 2

The only regret I have is not going 4wd, my Mum's 4wd Laureate feels more 'substantial' and doesn't drive quite as 'light' as my 2wd.

My only gripe is that the trim isn't quite as expected on the doors, but I'll fix that myself!

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Best advice as always is to go check one out Bandit. Folk say the new model is better finished though I'm happy with my Indian Duster, there's meant to be a 'new' model out next year though when it will hit the UK is anyone's guess.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Despite my sig below I am driving a Phase 2 Laureate that I have now had for nearly five weeks and coming up to 500 miles. It is far superior to the rusty Indian poor quality control Ambience that I pex'd. Got a good deal with a few things thrown in and I'm very pleased I made the decision to stick with the Duster. It is smoother, quieter, more comfortable and the manual Air Con is superb. Have used the Air con this week to heat and cool and it's superb at both. Really recommend having the MediaNav as well. Paintwork is absolutely fine bar what I thought was a blob of tar on the boot door shut. Rubbed it away until I noticed the paint going as well!

Reactions: Royale431

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Despite my sig below I am driving a Phase 2 Laureate that I have now had for nearly five weeks and coming up to 500 miles. It is far superior to the rusty Indian poor quality control Ambience that I pex'd. Got a good deal with a few things thrown in and I'm very pleased I made the decision to stick with the Duster. It is smoother, quieter, more comfortable and the manual Air Con is superb. Have used the Air con this week to heat and cool and it's superb at both. Really recommend having the MediaNav as well. Paintwork is absolutely fine bar what I thought was a blob of tar on the boot door shut. Rubbed it away until I noticed the paint going as well!
as soon as I got in my phase 2 (test drive) and turned the key I noticed the smoother start and quieter cabin. though it isn't the prime it's still a big leap in quality from my phase 1.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Hi all,

I have had a Duster Laureate Prime 4x4 Dci for 3 weeks now, almost 500 miles and still thinking

it's a great drive with good power delivery. :)

The air con works ok, never had that before! also had a play with the MediaNav, seems to know where I am, always a

good thing.

Cheers

steve

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have a 2013 Indian Laureate which is away for paint work recall at the most. They gave me a 2014 Laureate which Having read this makes me wonder if its Romanian produced. Its like a different car and much better, paintwork seems better, acceleration better. This one can set off in first, mine Has to be in 2nd. I am glum after driving this car and feel a bit cheated, as much as I like mine I would rather not have it back in favour of this newer version.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
This one can set off in first, mine Has to be in 2nd. I am glum after driving this car and feel a bit cheated, as much as I like mine I would rather not have it back in favour of this newer version.
I think this is normal, and indeed accepted practice for the 4x4 Duster - 1st gear is effectively a crawler for off-road use.

If you don't need 4x4 for off-roading, and bought it instead in the belief it made for safer winter driving, here's a video that demonstrates the benefits of Winter Tyres - it might change your perspective, as it did mine first time I saw it:

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
I think this is normal, and indeed accepted practice for the 4x4 Duster - 1st gear is effectively a crawler for off-road use.

If you don't need 4x4 for off-roading, and bought it instead in the belief it made for safer winter driving, here's a video that demonstrates the benefits of Winter Tyres - it might change your perspective, as it did mine first time I saw it:

set of steel wheels with winter tyres as well as the land anchor and wheel winch on shopping list now! ????

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
The Continental Cross contact are good tyres though. My phase one 4x2 did ok in Scotland fording steams and forest/ rocky tracks/ old roads on stock tyres ????????

·
Registered
236 Posts
That was an interesting watch. Did he say £700+ for a set of winter tyres. Nurse!!!

·
Registered
985 Posts
The Continental Cross contact are good tyres though. My phase one 4x2 did ok in Scotland fording steams and forest/ rocky tracks/ old roads on stock tyres ????????
When I was l looking at all terrain tyres, every review I came across for the contis was less than favourable. I don't believe there is a "best" compromise on traction. My A/Ts are quite noisy on road.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts