UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if they do or don't? We were originally told not by salesman but i have read that with new mot legislation that all cars have them?

just got me thinking when i was in Halfords buying some Millers Ecomax i saw some DPF cleaner that you chuck in every 3000km and didn't want to waste my cash if our duster doesn't have one.
cheers
phil

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
If it's the diesel model, which looking at the fact it's a laureate, it is, then yes. it has a DPF. If it is a petrol, it wont have one

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes, at least the Diesel does. You are correct, it is a requirement by law etc. It's more advanced than the older systems though, 5th injector in the exhaust type. Additives probably won't do anything for it tbh.

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
You just need to get the exhaust up to running temp once a month or so and it will regenerate. If you ONLY did very short trips it could be a problem.

20 mins drive at 40mph+ should do it IIRC.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does the laureate take ad blu? I know it sounds a silly question but I’ve never had a Dacia and main stealers weren’t very helpful

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
Does the laureate take ad blu? I know it sounds a silly question but I've never had a Dacia and main stealers weren't very helpful
I see by another post that you have a 2013 Duster.

You don't say if it's petrol or diesel.

If it's diesel it will have a DPF, but being 2013, will not have an AdBlue tank.

Hope this helps !
wink.png

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you roger. I know on some vans they do and on the trucks I drive but weren't sure about my car
I'm just trying to get to the bottom of the problem it maybe developing so I can do something about it rather than let it get worse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts