UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I tried search... but failed to get an answer.
I know the car can auto lock the doors whilst in motion.

I am stuck...

I can't find my keys and the car doors are locked...

I can see my handbag on the back seat, I don't usually put my keys in the handbag, in the car... but it's a possibility...

could the car have locked it's self after I took some bags out of the boot? (I wouldn't have opened the boot with the key and chucked my bag on the backseat, from the boot... so the doors would have been unlockedwhen I put the handbag there!

is there a way to access the car without a key?

I am many miles from home

regards Joan

·
Registered
38 Posts
Heck!
All I can think is that if the keys are in your handbag something is pressing on the lock button so as soon as you shut the boot wallop, the doors locked!
The mk2 key is in my opinion way to sensitive to unintentional operation.
I hope I'm wrong and you found your keys.

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,754 Posts
As far as I am aware the only way to lock the car without the key is:

Close all doors apart from the one you intend to exit by. Press the Auto lock button till it flashes, exit and close the door and all the doors will be locked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I still haven't found them.... IIRC I have lost key insurance... but I am not keen on activating it!
my handbag is on top of the pile, so shouldn't be pressing buttons
regards Joan

·
Registered
38 Posts
There are videos on YouTube on alternative ways to enter your vehicle.
You could contact a locksmith that is also familiar with this situation. Maybe a local mechanic may be willing to help.

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,754 Posts
Don't you have breakdown cover? Most included "breaking into a car" using "dark arts", Remember if your keys aren't inside you will not be able to start it and it will have to be towed. Unless I'm out of date and legitimate breakdown services can now override the immobilliser.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Panic over, The Keys mysteriously reappeared!...
Joan
You're a silly sausage, what are you ?,,,,,,,I have a Logan and know the doors lock when am in the car so if I am working on it with the keys in the ignition, I leave the drivers window open, have a spare in the house though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts