·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Name: Genuine Dacia part

Bought From: Local Dealer

Paid: £68.50

Rating: 5

I went to my local Halfords last Sunday to purchase a dog guard for my Duster for the sum of £59.99. Brought it home and it did not fit, even where it touched.

On Monday I went to my local Dacia Garage for price and delivery of a Dacia dog guard. Very surprised at the cost of £68.50 incl. VAT just £10 more than the non genuine guard and I would have it by Thursday.

It was just a little fiddly to fit but when complete looks the dogs b******ks.

Just to say check price of the genuine part and maybe even save some money (it looks good as well). Dog guard on one site £244!!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I went onto Ebay and searched for dog guards. I found one that only cost me £20 or so pounds and it is just fine. There were many to chose from all less than your price.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a dog-guard from the Dealership for £71 in Dec 2014 and got them to fit it as I wanted to be fully ready on day one. They charged £20 to fit the guard (bolted across the supports for the parcel-shelf) and I was pleased I did as, to get it right up against the rear seats, they had to move the 12v power access point along the shelf about 10 cms.

Would I have prejudiced the warranty if I had moved electric fittings around? Probably not but you never know if what you are seeking to be put right is very expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts