UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I was wondering if anyone has come across a reasonably priced dog guard for the Duster? Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
308 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
The stuff from the link above is free P & P plus 10% discount from Karl (I think). Makes it about 62 quid!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks irishwiskeychaser for that info , the thoughts of putting my lovely English Setter in my new Duster are killing me !!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi guy's,

my first post to this forum, but I have been reading it for a few weeks now.

Just thought I would add my tuppence on the dog guard. If you have a Laureate, then don't bother with the official Dacia separation grill, as it won't fit correctly due to the rear 12V accessory socket being in exactly the location the brackets of the grill need to sit. I bought one from Renault Parts direct (the cheapest when you take into account the forum discount and free P&P) and I am having to return it for a refund.

Did anyone find out if we can get the 'euro' roller blind type rear parcel shelf here in the UK, and will it fit our UK spec Duster?

Other than that I am loving my Duster, and keep finding excuses to get out in it. "Going out shopping luv? Nah... I'll do it for you" :D

·
Registered
324 Posts
Karl can get a soft boot cover for about £80

·
Registered
40 Posts
Genuine Dacia Dog Guard for Duster retails at £125 from your local Dacia dealer. Good and strong with a cutout for the centre rear seatbelt to pass through from the roof.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Genuine Dacia Dog Guard for Duster retails at £125 from your local Dacia dealer. Good and strong with a cutout for the centre rear seatbelt to pass through from the roof.
... and doesn't fit the Laureate because of the rear 12V accessory socket! :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi, I opted for the Dacia fit dog guard for my Ambience so I hope it fits. Or my big black dog will not be a happy bunny!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have 2 small dogs which cant see over the seats it would be much better for me to replace the parcel shelf with a net is there anything out there as my laureate does fit with the guard

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've just bought the new style Duster Ph2 one with long bars instead of a grill. I'm just working how to fit it.

Sent from my HTC One using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well, I've just fitted it. It was an absolute [email protected]$%&+d .

Getting the plastic mouldings out was very hard. So scared of cracking or snapping a catch off.

Then the bolts are mounted on plates, which I had to duck tape on to stop them dropping back through.

Others have mentioned the problem of the 12v socket being in the way too, so I just used it's hole as one of the bolt holes, and mounted it further back.

Like I said, an absolute sod off a job. Still, I probably saved myself £150 or so.

Last pic complete with bootliner.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Isaac_f... Please tell where you got the tubular dog guard: my Renault dealer only seems to offer a grille style one which is sooo ugly

·
Registered
39 Posts
Renault dealer. I gave them the code from the new accessories manual and they searched and found it.

Duster Laureate 4x4, chrome exhaust, dog guard, bootliner, chrome bumper protector, tow bar, edge speakers. So far so good.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Well, I've just fitted it. It was an absolute [email protected]$%&+d .

Getting the plastic mouldings out was very hard. So scared of cracking or snapping a catch off.

Then the bolts are mounted on plates, which I had to duck tape on to stop them dropping back through.

Others have mentioned the problem of the 12v socket being in the way too, so I just used it's hole as one of the bolt holes, and mounted it further back.

Like I said, an absolute sod off a job. Still, I probably saved myself £150 or so.

Last pic complete with bootliner.

isaac_f is this the dog guard with part number 82 01 452 827?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I've just bought the dog guard for my Duster...I can't believe you've actually got to drill holes to fit it!!! Anyway, my dog Dave has decided he doesn't like the new car and is flatly refusing to get in so I might not need it after all haha.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts