UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just had the second of the body-coloured door handle covers fall off, when opening the car. The first on, o/s rear passenger door was replaced as part of several bodywork warranty repairs, but this one being the drivers door, I have stuck it back on with double-sided tape for now, as with Xmas upon us, I need my car....

Has anyone else had this issue? It appears the way the handle covers fit, they have a couple of really tiny plastic clips on the back of the cover, which wear out and fall off with use, leading to the cover simply dropping off. My car has just done 10k, and is 2.5 years old now, so hasn't had that much use.... I am only relieved that it didn't drop off when I was driving along, as that would have been long gone before I realised it was missing, no doubt not a cheap replacement through Renault.

I see there are some after-market stainless steel ones on EBay, for £20, so I might just upgrade mine with them and have done with it...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blue Peter double-sided sticky-back plastic fix atm...

The cover clips over black plastic fittings that would not be good without the covers on - You can see the springs, etc....

Clearly another fault in production with the marque, cost-cutting must have cost them twice as much in warranty repairs as they saved....

·
Registered
123 Posts
I used a couple of dobs of silicone sealer to hold mine on. That was about 3 months ago, still stuck tight.

But it can easily be removed, if required.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Must be different handles between the Ambiance and the other model's, mine are hardy enough if not the most stylish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts