UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Better than the logan ones, they're not much use where they are mounted, except for maybe low bollards.
it'd look silly to mount some higher up above.
The way some of our lot fling the trolleys around the car park at work I think I'd need to cover the entire door.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just ordered some of eBay...think I will mount them slightly higher to avoid people opening car doors against the stepway!

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Just ordered some of eBay...think I will mount them slightly higher to avoid people opening car doors against the stepway!
The best place to mount them is as per the manufactures instructions in line with the door crease... They do protect your doors correctly there... I have seen them on one Steppy where they had been mounted higher and they looked a bit naff tbh...

If you would like to see the protection I have done to my Steppy including fitting the door strips feel free to browse through my thread here....
http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/forum/topic/7481-stepway-my-modifications/

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have ordered the ones which you can get at the dealer. They will indeed be placed a little low on the door, but from an esthetical point of view I think they will look great (I do not have the car jet, so it is a bit of a guess ;-) ).

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
I have ordered the ones which you can get at the dealer. They will indeed be placed a little low on the door, but from an esthetical point of view I think they will look great (I do not have the car jet, so it is a bit of a guess ;-) ).
I think the after market ones are better and cheaper, and they look a lot better on the car than the dealer ones...
They don't look so good on the bottom of the doors, It looks like too much plastic together as they sit just above the plastic sill trims and they are rather wide looking.
But that's just my opinion and we all have different preferences so its really all down to our own personal tastes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts