UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've not had a chance to investigate properly yet but it's happened a couple of times now. When I swing the drivers door shut it sounds like it's closed properly and sounds like it locks but the latch doesn't engage so it wont lock and I've come back to the car to find the door sitting open a wee bit.

It might be that the latch just needs a bit of oiling but wonder if anyone else has come across it yet?

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Checked it out today, I'm still not sure what's causing it but it only happens when I open the door from the inside using the lever handle. The handle doesn't return by itself once pulled and in turn the door catch doesn't 'reset'. I've managed to improve things by liberally oiling the catch mechanism and working the handle repeatedly which us why I'm not sure whether it's faulty or just sticky.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds a similar problem just arisen on my 1 year old vehicle on the front passenger door - think either the cable stretched or loose. Initially I had blamed my wife for not closing the door properly on the first occasion but then noticed the internal handle standing proud so have since apologised!!

Took the car to dealer yesterday who mentioned he knew the issue already. Is ordering a replacement part for fitting under warranty but guess this may be more common issue with the lock mechanism if happening elsewhere.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sure I replied to this the other day :(

Anyway, a liberal spray of 3in1 in and around the lock area didn't help mine. If I remember to push the lever back into position before closing the door it locks ok. Won't have a chance to get to the dealer till January so that ill have to do for now.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got round to checking this today and for me at least the fix seems to have been fairly simple. The inner door handle (the one that sticks open) is fixed in place by one screw, remove this and lever the whole unit out, it's connected to the actual door lock by a metal rod so it won't come far out. If you look at the back of the unit you'll see where the rod attaches through a nylon 'hoop'. If you pull the whole thing forwards a bit and release you should hopefully see that it returns by itself meaning there's a working spring at the other end. Also on the back of the unit you'll see that the release handle is spring loaded, I applied grease to this whole area, spring, handle, anything that looked as though it moved and voila! it works! The handle doesn't quite go all the way back into place by itself but that could improve as the grease works its way through, if not I'll try again later but I do have a working door locking mechanism again.

I also (thanks to the god Aldi) have a fibre optic camera and used it to follow the metal rod back along the door, about halfway back it goes neatly through a plastic guide before bending down to head for the lock itself. It's possible that this plastic guide is also a source of friction so when the weather warms up I'm going to grease this a bit as well.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Just developed this problem, inner door handle doesn't return properly, therefore holding the catch in the open position, could be faulty handle assembly, or stretched, possibly broken spring on mechanism inside the door. Other Doors handles return much more positively, so more likely to be problem behind the Door Trim.

Dealer checking it out today whilst Car is in to have the blower problem sorted, no doubt that any Parts reqired will take at least a month to appear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts