UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I have had two Citroenss and a Peugeot MPVs as company cars which have spent most of their lives. Driving around town and have never had a DPF issue. I think this is because they use some kind of chemical to clean the DPF rather than relying on the engine reaching a certain temperature. Sorry I am not very technical.
My questions are
Do Darcia use a similar arrangement to Citroen and Peugeot or are they the same as most other makes?
Has there been issues with Darcia DPF with owners who do short journeys around town ?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
Hi Guys,
I have had two Citroenss and a Peugeot MPVs as company cars which have spent most of their lives. Driving around town and have never had a DPF issue. I think this is because they use some kind of chemical to clean the DPF rather than relying on the engine reaching a certain temperature. Sorry I am not very technical.
My questions are
Do Darcia use a similar arrangement to Citroen and Peugeot or are they the same as most other makes?
Has there been issues with Darcia DPF with owners who do short journeys around town ?

Thanks
Welcome slowprop !

Dacia uses the patented Renault 5th Injector System which regenerates by injecting diesel into the DPF on a signal from the engine ECU.

It does not depend on road speed or temperature, as I understand it, and will even regenerate at tickover.

According to their web site the DPF will last the life of the car. After reading this, I bought my dCi, although I do a lot of urban driving !!

There has been no issues with DPFs reported on this forum, bar one, which was replaced under warranty,even then they had to import it as it is not regarded as run of the mill spare !!

Hope this helps.

Roger ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hoping to pick up a new duster 4X4 next week and dealer confirmed to me that the DPF regenerates at 17 mpg and is one of the best systems on the road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts