UK Dacia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Its not covered because the DPF is not faulty, just full. But because the warning light went from amber to red and the car into limp mode, the dealer apparently now cannot take the DPF off and do a normal regeneration, but has to plug it into their computer and attempt to do a forced regeneration where they will rag the engine whilst idle, hopefully enough to get the car out of limp mode. Then they need to change the oil and filter too. £250. Not covered under warranty as its termed to be because of usage and not a DPF fault.

You can't even win driving the car economically to save money and fuel these days.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If its an amber light yes. If it goes to red do not drive.

Update - Evans Halshaw cannot do an active regeneration due to the design of the inside of the DPF so will replace it under warranty. However there are no UK stocks of DPFs so one has to come from France and it won't come before Tuesday. Meaning as mine is a taxi that I cannot work :-(

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,177 Posts

Update - Evans Halshaw cannot do an active regeneration due to the design of the inside of the DPF so will replace it under warranty. However there are no UK stocks of DPFs so one has to come from France and it won't come before Tuesday. Meaning as mine is a taxi that I cannot work :-(
Which light is it on the display ? ;)

·
Registered
1,263 Posts

I smell a rat here'

surly E/H would have known of the design of the inside of the DPF on one of the most popular diesel lumps on the road. So why did they try to charge you nearly £300 quid to clear it' don't tell me this is the first one they have come across!

·
Registered
110 Posts
you have to work a diesel engine to perform they are not designed for dotting about if you don't consider your driving style when you buy the car its not the manufactures fault I run to spain 2or 3 times a year so I bought a diesel

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,177 Posts
I smell a rat here'

surly E/H would have known of the design of the inside of the DPF on one of the most popular diesel lumps on the road. So why did they try to charge you nearly £300 quid to clear it' don't tell me this is the first one they have come across!
Hopefully it is the first one they have come across and the DPF is actully faulty, as regeneration is supposed to take place at any speed on this engine ! ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Afternoon Gentleman.

Update - Evans Halshaw can't get the part. They thought they had one but when it failed to arrive they discovered it had been sent elsewhere in Europe (was coming from France).

Renault have told me this morning they will not know for at least another 24 hours if not 48 hours what the latest availability is of the part.

Meanwhile i am losing money hand over foot here and Renault will not compensate for lost earnings saying 'its really your responsibility to have some sort of insurance in place to deal with situations like these' plus 'we're not really obliged to give you a hire car just from getting from A to B' and generally beyond being polite with the answers they won't do much more.

I've asked Evans Halshaw for a trade in value for the car. My confidence in both Renault and Dacia has been massively dented.

The Dacia Sandero stepway is a lovely car to drive and great value for money in Laurete spec as a private vehicle. But for business purposes - forget it. Remember you get what you pay for with a Dacia. And in this case, thats a lot of hassle and heartache unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
If still under warentry ur entitled to courtesy car under 3yr 60' 000 mile warentry if part ur waiting for renders car not perform then that Evans halshaw fault part been sent somewhere. Else go trade standards for advice then papers

·
Premium Member
4,177 Posts
Afternoon Gentleman.

Update - Evans Halshaw can't get the part. They thought they had one but when it failed to arrive they discovered it had been sent elsewhere in Europe (was coming from France).

Renault have told me this morning they will not know for at least another 24 hours if not 48 hours what the latest availability is of the part.

Meanwhile i am losing money hand over foot here and Renault will not compensate for lost earnings saying 'its really your responsibility to have some sort of insurance in place to deal with situations like these' plus 'we're not really obliged to give you a hire car just from getting from A to B' and generally beyond being polite with the answers they won't do much more.

I've asked Evans Halshaw for a trade in value for the car. My confidence in both Renault and Dacia has been massively dented.

The Dacia Sandero stepway is a lovely car to drive and great value for money in Laurete spec as a private vehicle. But for business purposes - forget it. Remember you get what you pay for with a Dacia. And in this case, thats a lot of hassle and heartache unfortunately.
Hi there !

Are you still waiting for a new DPF to be fitted ? :eek:

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
If still under warentry ur entitled to courtesy car under 3yr 60' 000 mile warentry if part ur waiting for renders car not perform then that Evans halshaw fault part been sent somewhere. Else go trade standards for advice then papers
Courtesy car is not covered in a Dacia warranty, it is at your dealers discretion / cost. That's why the are making a big thing out of the fact those of us with dissolving cars will get one whilst its in for repairs funded by Dacia directly.

·
Premium Member
4,177 Posts
Keep checking your oil level. The waste diesel after regenerating is it back into the sump. This can cause serious problems.
The way I read about the 'Renault 5th injector system' is that it injected diesel into the DPF directly and therefore could not enter the sump as per Mazda ! ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi. I thought it would be good to update on this. The Stepway has now done 90000 miles and has had no DPF problems since. My Logan has done 82000 miles (both are taxis) and has never had a DPF problem.

Indicator & light stalks on the other hand I will post elsewhere

21 - 40 of 44 Posts