UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent the morning fitting the 'Dolphin' parking aid kit. Hammerhead's excellent instructions were invaluable. I had a couple of minor problems, the first being actually releasing the bumper after removing all the fixings. In the end I just gave a mighty heave and it came away thankfully in one piece. I drilled pilot holes from the inside out, then from the outside used the holesaw to fit the sensors. The wiring was straightforward; the sensors have a pigtail with connector to the cable running back to the controller. That makes isolating a problem easier. My second small snag was powering the kit. I tried using 'Scotchlok' vampire connectors but the wires were too thin to make good contact, so finally out came the the soldering iron. All went very well - it took me a little over two hours. Dracula's bedded down for the night in his (tomb) garage, so I grabbed a quick picture in the doorway. The Dolphin kit is supplied in a range of colours and the white I chose is a reasonable match.

revpark01.jpg

My next minor niggle is the horn: it's a pathetic little hoot, but buried so deep it'll be a pain to change. Anyone done it yet?

John

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The picture doesn't show it, but there's actually about 5 cm on the left side. It lets me open the driver's door quite wide :) My other trick is, once I've positioned the car about 3 cm back from the front door, to mark the left wall in line with the mirror edge. That leaves enough room behind to open the tailgate and also the garage door - which opens inwards.

It's a good thing to have a small garage:

- It stops me collecting too much rubbish

- It discourages me from buying a Mercedes S-class :D

John

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I spent the morning fitting the 'Dolphin' parking aid kit. Hammerhead's excellent instructions were invaluable. I had a couple of minor problems, the first being actually releasing the bumper after removing all the fixings. In the end I just gave a mighty heave and it came away thankfully in one piece. I drilled pilot holes from the inside out, then from the outside used the holesaw to fit the sensors. The wiring was straightforward; the sensors have a pigtail with connector to the cable running back to the controller. That makes isolating a problem easier. My second small snag was powering the kit. I tried using 'Scotchlok' vampire connectors but the wires were too thin to make good contact, so finally out came the the soldering iron. All went very well - it took me a little over two hours. Dracula's bedded down for the night in his (tomb) garage, so I grabbed a quick picture in the doorway. The Dolphin kit is supplied in a range of colours and the white I chose is a reasonable match.

attachicon.gif
revpark01.jpg

My next minor niggle is the horn: it's a pathetic little hoot, but buried so deep it'll be a pain to change. Anyone done it yet?

John
The Dacia factory fit sensors also come in a range of colours-black

1 - 6 of 6 Posts