UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Since picking up Sandy last Friday, every so often, there has been a rattle coming from the drivers door whilst driving. As far as I'm aware, it's intermittent and doesn't happen when doing anything particular. I know it will be a tiny issue, and that if I take it to the dealer, they'll charge me lots and won't find the problem because it's intermittent. Anyone else had anything like this?

Thanks

T

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Rattling would suggest something loose, therefore possibly safety related if around the lock mechanism, Dave's passenger door popped open last weekend on the M4, thankfully held on 2nd catch, hoping it just wasn't closed fully.

First thing to do is open the door and with a clenched fist hit the internal trim all the way around you may get a rattle appear.

It may of course not be the door, squeaks and rattles have a habit of not being where you think you can hear them

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Any dealer worth their salt shouldn't charge you tobster, as if there is a fault theyll charge dacia a full days labour for it. And your still within your reject and refund period, they should be extra cuddly with you :D

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fair enough. I'd rather acrue(?) a few issues first so I can take it to them and say 'fix this, and this etc etc'

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I don't think you'll find much, the only prob I've had with mine is it growing its own nipples under the paint :eek: and I've already got it booked in for that.

Sent from my Blade using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oooh heck... Sign of rust? Or just something minor? I had a panic attack yesterday when I opened the door fully (haven't really done that much) and say rust coloured stuff along the bottom and side of the door. Luckily, it was just grease, so I'm going to wash that off at some point. Problem is finding the time and the right weather to have the doors open for cleaning...

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Mines full of that too, ill prob leave it in there, as its probably meant to be.
I don't think its rust now, its bits under the paint I hope, I just keep finding more of them. There's only 1 really bad one on the tailgate which I will insist is sorted out.
Don't get me wrong, any odd bits after warranty will be repaired by hammerite smooth white spray, its a perfect colour match, all stone chips will be repaired with this.
I bought it for my last car, but never needed it, I think the paint was bullet proof, plenty of stuff hit it (including a pigeon) ,but nothing ever marked it.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hammerite smooth white eh? I already have a stone chip, so it's likely many more are to come. If it's a perfect match, that's excellent news. Hope your issues get sorted :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
The B-pillar, which houses the front seatbelt and mechanism, is also a common source of vibration/rattles, just in case nothing comes of your examination of the driver's door.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Ill try and put a pic of the can on, I bought it in 2010 mind so they may have altered the graphics on the can.
At the min my phone is telling me I must mount a SD card every time I try to take a photo, I tried to take a pic of my logan this morn to put on here, but I could only fit the front end on becàuse its in its den at the min (the garage) and there's not alot of room to move in there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts