UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any Dacia Sandero Stepway owners out there found any issues with the driver's seat height adjustment? When sitting in the car and pressing the lever under the right hand front of the seat the height drops to the lowest right away. Once at this position I can't make it any higher while sitting in it.

With no one in the seat I press the lever and it springs back up, I then use my arm to try to lower the seat while pressing the level and no change. So to summarise, it's all or nothing!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thats how it works. Unlike any normal rensult that works via a hydraulic arm which works by pressure applied in either direction. The stepwsy is only a spring release mech. So any pressure apllied to the sest when lever is lifted releases the spring and it drops to setting 1. You need to in crementely lift your ass while pulling the leaver to bring it ti the right height. I found that out on my demo test drive even on a laurete

·
Registered
137 Posts
Two handed operation one on steering wheel one in the release arm.

1. Pull steering wheel while pulling ass out of seat

2. Pull leaver until seat hits your bum.

3. Release leaver and relax.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Duster seat adjustment is identical aikon82.....we prob have similar / the same seats......Antavi'll know....cos he just does !!!!!! :)

·
Registered
756 Posts
I must say the seats are about the only disappointing thing on the car so far, when you corner they offer no lateral support, oh and it could do with stiffer springs and shocks the under steer and dive is not great, otherwise excellent motor

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers thanks for the info Reaper & D&M, wasn't sure if it was just my car or the same for all models.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I reckon I must be the only person who appreciates the softer suspension - My family used to moan like aching bellies :wacko: in "Terry Tourettes" ( the old Hyundai Getz) about how hard the supension was... Now they LOVE the comfy ride in Gollum. Nowadays, I have back seat sleepers, not drivers! A1 in my book..... :D

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
I believe the recommened routine for seat adjustment is as follows:

Stand outside the vehicle - adjust seat - get in and drive for a period of time - then pull in at a lay-by - stand outside vehicle - adjust seat - drive - pull-in - stand outside vehicle - adjust seat - drive. Please repeat this procedure until you find one of the three adjustments that roughly meets your requirements. Of course, a combination of height and seat-back rake adjustments may take a little longer and it is recommended you check the weather forecast before setting off on your seat-adjustment outing. :eek: Heh heh! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts