UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the DLR's fitted as a part of the styling pack- noticed a problem when driving with these lights on a week after having the car- There is interference with the radio (on weak channels) as when the DLR's turn off, the radio goes clear!

I took the car back to dealership, after reading many internet sites from other non Dacia car owners who have similar problems with Philips DLR's.

The dealer have been brilliant- they let me have a courtesy car whilst their technicians tested the problem (turn on radio- then turn lights on and then turn light off and listen to the difference in the radio!)

The dealer has referred it to Dacia technical team. So I am waiting from a response from them to solve the fault.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Is there an easy fix?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Only got the Duster on Saturday, did find some interference on the radio did not link it to DRL's but will monitor and see

Thanks for tip off

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yes, my Philips ones cause interference on Classic FM, no other stations. Moved the control box and all the cables right to the front of the car but that didn't help. Think I've solved it now though. The control box needs to be physically connected to the vehicle, originally I had cable tied it in. I've now bolted it in through one of the huge holes to the right of the radiator, using a small nut and bolt and huge washer!

I will post further when I'm sure that has cured it after my trip tomorrow.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I'm assuming the box is metal and needs to be properly earthed then?

Reactions: antavi

·
Registered
308 Posts
The problem that I had with interference on Classic FM from my Philips DRL's is almost completely solved to the point that it's not noticeable.

I took two Ferrite cores off of unused computer cables that I had (they are the black cylindrical lump that the cable is wound around and through). I shortened the cables from the LED units as much as possible routing the drivers side one across the top of the radiator in the clips already there. I cut them by the Control Box , wound the cables through the cores, twice, and reconnected them with connectors. All the bits are now tucked down in front of the battery behind the passenger side lights.

I can't tell the difference now when the car lights are on or the DRL's. Result!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My car has been in at the dealers this morning to have new DLR's fitted- I called them this afternoon and they tell me that the issue is still there with the new ones fitted. They tell me they have contacted Renault in France that have given the tech people a solution- a wiring modification. Must be something similar to what Topofall has done?!The service person tells me another car has come in today for the same issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still not resolved- apparently some one from Renault is coming over to the dealership to check this problem out on the 23rd June. Courtesy car until then :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Collected car yesterday and problem still not resolved. They said that it's not just my radio that the interference affects when the DLR's are on- but they experienced the interference on the car radios of the other car that were parked next to mine!

They have removed the fuse to the DLR so the issue does not continue while they refer it back to Renault again.

Not happy.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Collected car yesterday and problem still not resolved. They said that it's not just my radio that the interference affects when the DLR's are on- but they experienced the interference on the car radios of the other car that were parked next to mine!
They have removed the fuse to the DLR so the issue does not continue while they refer it back to Renault again.
Not happy.
so dacia fitted ones interfere with radio too. I
Must get to maplins for a cpl of suppressors.

·
Registered
51 Posts
EMC issue that Philips should have addressed. Technicaly thire should be a solution, however who drives the solution Philips or the Car Makers. Coming from an OEM Sony manufacturing my experiance would say its for Philips to solve. Would be intrested in any solutions Renault offer ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well done, an engineered solution. thanks. I will get my car next week and fit my own Philips DRL and Sony Radio, may as well fit the Ferrite at the outset............ lucky for me we use them in work in medical applications. :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have DRLs fitted a part of the styling pack but have not noticed any interference on the radio but i have an Access Duster with a Kenwood head unit fitted

1 - 20 of 60 Posts