UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone and happy new year. decided to change the bulbs in the sidelight/daytime running part of the headlight and removed dlr bulb holder and think its back in ok. to me it seems very slap dash as there seems to be no definite click on refitting the bulb holder so am I doing something wrong?. there,s nothing positive when you push bulb holder forward when refitting. its just seems a very poor way of replacing this holder so this is how I did it. I replaced bulb then slid holder back in hole and pushed it forward until it wouldn't got any further . I didn't twist the holder just pushed it forward. am I doing something wrong should it twist or just push forward as im used to definite clicks or push and twist conectors but this seems very poor way of doing things. many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have not looked, but I'd say if you didn't need to twist it or 'snap' it out then what you have done is how it will be.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Kriss my son and me went into dealers wed car going into dealers for wk on 11jan clutch judder was told dealer not willing split gear box as it at dealers. Expense as said to them that not my prob got just over 1yr warantry be in every week till something sorted

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi mike, you are doing right thing mate as a warrenty is a warrenty. ive got back to my dealer telling them that clutch judder back with a vengeance this morning when frosty and did not clear for about 30 minutes so they better sort it. will let you know what happens.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Kriss my son tried clutch wk past wed clutch was right up to top before clutch engaged but by wed past clutch was back to half way up pedal then engaged ??going fone dealor see if get stepway as courtesy car if not get in touch with C/S compare clutch operation

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
strange you should mention clutch pedal leval as while working under bonnet today noticed fluid had been seeping onto clutch slave cylinder so maybe that's the fault but will flag up with dealer when they ring me. another thing is the dealers don't like us contacting dacia direct as my dealer made a point of saying I see you contacted dacia and handed me a card asking me to contact them first instaed of dcaia lol. ill contact dacia everytime as they get things sorted quicker.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
hi everyone and happy new year. decided to change the bulbs in the sidelight/daytime running part of the headlight and removed dlr bulb holder and think its back in ok. to me it seems very slap dash as there seems to be no definite click on refitting the bulb holder so am I doing something wrong?. there,s nothing positive when you push bulb holder forward when refitting. its just seems a very poor way of replacing this holder so this is how I did it. I replaced bulb then slid holder back in hole and pushed it forward until it wouldn't got any further . I didn't twist the holder just pushed it forward. am I doing something wrong should it twist or just push forward as im used to definite clicks or push and twist conectors but this seems very poor way of doing things. many thanks in advance.
That's how they are, they just pull out and push back in.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
many thanks nessi I just thought it would of took more to keep them in place but suppose with the rubber cap behind them they cant go far.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
That quit right contacted C/S myself about dealers customers care I'll check for fluid seeping on slave cylinder might be faulty cylinder if so that garage fault not checking proply

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
- dealers contacting us - still never heard from them.

so drls could easily fall out you say that would save me switching them off lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts