UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a few issues with the car since it's delivery a few weeks ago but this is a new one.

I typically spend my lunch in the car and as such tend to have the radio on.

Except it shuts off after a few minutes.

Doesn't matter what position key is in the ignition if the engine isn't running you can't listen to the radio.

Bit of a joke, anyone else have the latest media display or nav ?
White Automotive design Light Audio equipment Mode of transport

·
Registered
119 Posts
The unit should work with sound also with ignition off normaly around 2 min.
All cars have this feature for protect battery discharge, but now they made short this time.
The car come with this unit from factory or was added later?

Trimis de pe al meu SM-A705FN folosind Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Latest updated media display ( 2022 1.3 TCe Comfort)

I don't get why it does it with the key in the ignition.

I have a 2018 Ford Fiesta that doesn't moan or actively turn the radio off with a similar media display.

Shortfalls of a cheap car I guess.

·
Registered
42 Posts
This drives me up the wall with my new Mk3 Prestige, trying to program anything without the engine running is a nightmare. Last week after a major update to my mobile phone it managed to erase all the Bluetooth and Wireless PSK settings in the phone. So I had to sit in the car on a hot day with the engine running just to reset the Nav and input the new settings just to get Android Auto to play ball and sync with the mobile.

All I thank goodness for is the voice commands to set the navigation route so I don’t have to sit and try programming it with postcodes or road names/numbers. How this will equate with the new mobile phone rules where you have to be stationary and the engine off to touch your phone I have no idea. Luckily I park in a private car park so I hope this at least mitigates the rules but only time and a test case will tell.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Latest updated media display ( 2022 1.3 TCe Comfort)

I don't get why it does it with the key in the ignition.

I have a 2018 Ford Fiesta that doesn't moan or actively turn the radio off with a similar media display.

Shortfalls of a cheap car I guess.
Nothing to do with it being a cheap car, my transit custom displays exactly the same message after a short while.
It's done to protect the charge in the battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its a really annoying and counter productive ‘feature’ 2018 Peugeot Expert (gone now thank goodness) and a 2020 Tucson Hybrid both suffer with the same annoyance, I don’t know whether it’s because new cars/vans media systems have more demanding power requirements or whether manufacturers are fitting smaller batteries or could it be some piece of ill thought out legislation designed to save the planet

1 - 10 of 10 Posts