UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my duster 1.6sce 2 weeks and this morning it went into limp mode.

I got it to the dealership today and they are looking at it tomorrow. The service desk said they thinks it's a software update they have had a few come back like it.

Anyone else had any issues?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Only on my old Scenic 1.6, it's gearbox ecu put it into limp mode, it could be as they say just needing a software update, but it could be a sensor has thrown up a error or just gone down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue.. 2018 Dci Duster. and now service light is on and I'm geeting Check injectors, check hill start assist.. Check Electronic Stability Control.. HELP

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello did you find out what was wrong with yours ive had the same problem, spanner light and check this check that came up about a month ago when starting up, it went in and they couldn't find anything wrong with it.
Friday and today the warning lights came in whilst driving and put me in limo mode. Once stopped I turned the engine on and off and that cleared the lights. Hoping to get thro6to the garage tomorrow.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I had a pump home problem with a Mk3 Golf years ago. If I stopped the engine, then restarted after a minute it cleared the fault. The dealership could not find a fault when they scanned the system until one day I was near the dealership when the fault occurred and they scanned the system with the engine still running with the fault. It turned out to be the throttle pot was faulty and upsetting the ECU every so often.

Don't know if a Renault dealership would do this, as you can't seem to be able to drop in for them to look at an obvious fault so they can get what parts are needed without booking the car in for an inspection that would take a couple of minutes.
John

·
Registered
71 Posts
Software update! Utter nonsense!
There is only a few reasons a vehicles computer puts a vehicle into limp mode. Safety, emissions and overdue servicing.
A spanner symbol usually is a service reminder. If it has not been serviced and the light reset the vehicle may eventually go into limp mode.
And never go off the service desks opinion! They wouldn't be on the service desk if they were any use!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts