UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Anyone had problems with the LED headlights on latest Duster?

My left headlight was flickering and intermittently going off last night and "check lighting" came up on the display (it's only a couple of weeks old).
This morning I've re-seated / pushed in every relay and fuse i could see and so far for 10 mins seems ok.
Does anyone know if the LED lights even go via a relay?
I couldn't work out how to disconnect the wiring connector from headlight, but didn't seem to be that from waggling it.

Old school bulbs were easier to check :)

Thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
No H/L relays. All LED bulbs will have a 'constant current controller' either built into the back of the bulb or a separate unit.
I have a 2018 Duster & I changed the Hi Beams to LED.
Since I haven't seen this model I can't give specific info. See if there is a LED controller box inside or near your H/L assy & check the connectors. While u are at it check if it has a small cooling fan behind it or it is relying on natural cooling of the heat sink.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, sadly as these are factory LED headlights everything is built-in to the headlight!
Had to take it to the dealer to sort, they've replaced the whole headlight unit, glad it's under warranty as apparently the new LED headlight is around the £500 mark :eek:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thanks for the info. I bought the LED Hi Beams for £12/ pair! The LED chips normally last. The problem is usually w/ the controller circuit or if the heat sink is inadequate or fan fails.
Not a good thing to happen - quality issues.
Put some money in your piggy bank daily. 💰 🐷

·
Registered
Dacia Duster 2018 1.5 diesel 115 addblue and a 2013 Sandero 1.5 dci Ambience
130 Posts
when we bought our sandero we had to change the headlamp bulbs to Ring 30% brighter bulbs and it produced a massive improvement, however no such problems with the 2018 Duster the headlamps seem more than capeable of lighting dark rural roads, I may try some led bulbs in the interest of saving power for the stop start system eventually, the stop start on a diesel engine doesn't seem to struggle quite so much restarting the engine as it does with a hot petrol engine, half a turn of the starter motor and the engine is running again. I sat this morning on the A14 behind an accident at Huntington for an hour and a half queuing and the stop start was brilliant for that.
The difficulty with leds is not knowing if you need canbus bulbs or not or it can causes issues with the leds flashing and wearing out quickly, I had this with the Citroen C5 ended up going back to original spec side lamps the main beam lights were optics and steerable with the steering like a Citroen DS, thats the original DS not to be confused with the modern version.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks for the info. I bought the LED Hi Beams for £12/ pair! The LED chips normally last. The problem is usually w/ the controller circuit or if the heat sink is inadequate or fan fails.
Not a good thing to happen - quality issues.
Put some money in your piggy bank daily. 💰 🐷
which bulbs did you install as led high beams in your 2018 Duster please, a make and type might be helpful to others in the future.

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
2,334 Posts
Though a LED conversion might have been passed by a less diligent MOT inspector since March 21 any HID or LED conversion must fail.

Anyway you would need a dropper resistor so you would not save anything for your start/stop just dissipate electrical energy as heat.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Though a LED conversion might have been passed by a less diligent MOT inspector since March 21 any HID or LED conversion must fail.

Any way you would need a dropper resistor so you would not save anything for your start/stop just dissipate electrical energy as heat.
oh I see, Thanks for that, its appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts