UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted a genuine set of these? Did you have to cut the flaps? Tried looking at the instructions but going by what the sheet says, the duster flaps don't need to be trimmed?

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
garolly

...I fitted genuine OEM ones to my Duster Ambiance 2WD - bought them from ebay for around £40...

...definitely made to measure - front and rear pairs are quite different - and no trimming required...

...front ones took about 10 mins to fit, with the steering on opposite lock, but the rear ones took longer - I had to take the wheels off in order to drill pilot holes for the self tapper screws...

...very happy with the result...

Joe

Attachments

Reactions: PanicStrickenToo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joe, mine look different to yours. They come with a template and lines on the back of the flap to cut. (like insoles for shoes).

I think I'm just going to have to have a play.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
...I'd offer each flap up to the wheel arch before cutting, and try to remove as little of the new flap as possible - I reckon the more overlap the better, and It should give you a more secure mount...

...I'd also be tempted to use some silicone sealant (or similar) between the flap and the inner wheel arch, as an extra incentive to stay put...

...all part of the joy of owning a Dacia - they thrive on farkling!...

Joe

Reactions: garyolly

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just to echo Joe Crow's comment - OEM flaps (from DaciaMag) were simple to fit, fronts with wheels on, rears needed wheel removal.

The rears are very effective but the fronts don't stop as much muck as I'd hoped - but we are very rural and muddy here!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would recommend some rally types, cause the the flaps Dacia makes is way too short of stopping gravel and debri to hit the underside but especially the front of the back wheelarches.

I bought 40x50cm rubber flaps and did a template before cutting out the form.
My front flaps bottoms are 2cm from ground and does the job and looks rough ;)

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Troute, not only do the hips get shitty.
If one travels on gravel and a like the hips will be sprayed with stones and debri.

Look on your dusters if there is paint damage.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
I got those in black for my Duster, only fitted front ones and mounted them slightly wide to give better protection to the fat hips at the back. They worked a treat, one of the things that bugged me was the hips getting dirty all the time and these flaps cured it.
Nice to know they work OK.Will have to get some for my Logan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts