UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum so apologies if I'm in the wrong place.
My 21 year old son has just taken delivery of his new Duster 4x2 Access and wanted me to fit a new stereo system and speakers. All going well, speakers fitted with nice simple plugs, only when we came to fit the head unit do we find the rear speakers feeds that leave the rear doors don't arrive at the head unit plug in the centre console. Is this usual? If so, I'm guessing I'll need to run in new feeds. Has anybody else found this problem?

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
The wiring in the centre console should include feeds to the rear door speakers.

It's over a year since I installed my system so I cannot remember all the details but I seem to remember that the speaker wires in the centre console are not the same colour as the corresponding wires that emerge from the doors.

However you should be able to trace the speaker connections from the back of your stereo ISO connector, through your adapter plugs and these should connect up with rear speaker wiring on the original Duster plugs and wiring harness.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response. The feeds leave the rear doors via the rubber conduit into the door post, but are missing from the front centre console :-( . I've looked at the online wiring diagram, and it shows the rear speakers joining in a plug and then on to the consoles plug, but the rear speaker lines are definitely missing at the front. Anyone know where that intermediate plug might be located? Many thanks in advance.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you ever find out the answer to this? I appear to gave the same issue on my new Duster (wiring at the rear doors that doesn't reach the head unit plug) :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Afraid not, I've traced the wiring loom up to the plugs beside the glove box, but without taking the glove box out couldn't get any further. We've decided to wait until the car goes in for its first service to get it sorted out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts