UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

May be someone can help me. I purchased a spare wheel cradle from a dealer and fitted it last week, no problems all went well and fairly quick. I did purchase a TX40 security torx from Ebay for a few pounds and it worked a treat.

I purchased a Ambiance steel wheel on Ebay from someone who had fitted alloys and today had a new tyre fitted.

When I put it in the cradle today it went in fine, fits good and does up tight. The only problem was I found it very heavy and wanted to make sure that the cradle was made for the weight of the full steel wheel and tyre, as it doesn't look that strong, before going too far.

I rang the dealer who said that it was fine but would like to ask if anyone has the full kit fitted is the spare steel wheel supplied exactly the same as the ones on the vehicle. The would then give me piece of mind. Thanks in anticipation - Paul

·
Events Committee Member
1,022 Posts
Hi Paul, The spare wheel supplied with the cradle is the same as the ones fitted to the car (well it's black not silver but I don't think that will affect the weight difference too much)so you needn't worry the cradle is more than capable of taking the weight

·
Events Committee Member
1,022 Posts
No problem, my pleasure

Hope you keep enjoying the forum and the Duster :)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Hi Paul, I sourced all the parts separately in pretty much the same way as you did and I've done a few months and a few thousand miles without any problems.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Still thinking of buying a Duster, help someone please, the 4x4 V 4x2 which has a cradle for the spare wheel or do they both?
I have seen a Duster with spare wheel well in the back and another with a cradle, which be which?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Thameside, my spare has been under the car for ages now and no problems.

Dasycneme, the 4 x 4 has a spare wheel in the well and the 4 x 2 has a puncture repair kit! If you want a spare in the 4 x 2 you need to seek out Karl here on the forum.

·
Registered
230 Posts
i put

hi all - re spare wheel cradle - does the plastic cover go under or over the actual wheel/tyre please
i chose to put my plastic cover under the wheel to protect the tyre from the road or anything that gets under the car. but i dont think it really matters

·
Registered
308 Posts
The instructions showed it underneath the wheel!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ordered my 3m today as well from Ebay. Should be delivered on Monday. That guy is making a roaring trade from us :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

I'm new at this so please bear with me. I want to get a spare wheel kit for a Dacia Duster 4x2. I have read that some members sourced the parts separately. Can you help point me to the right direction on where to get the kit. Is it easy to install for someone who does not usaully do these.

Thank you.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The kit can be sourced from Karl who works for a parts company. Have a search round for him in the threads about parts and you will find his phone number. The kit is a snip to fit, the part towards the front of the car fits into premade holes and the rear part screws into the car where there is already two screws that need removing. You will need a special screwdriver which cost me three quid.

Reactions: rascorpuz

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Hi All,

I'm new at this so please bear with me. I want to get a spare wheel kit for a Dacia Duster 4x2. I have read that some members sourced the parts separately. Can you help point me to the right direction on where to get the kit. Is it easy to install for someone who does not usaully do these.

Thank you.
Check out this thread for some chat about the cradle kit http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/topic/684-4x2-spare-wheel-kits/

and yes, it's an absolute doddle to fit. Here's how http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/tutorials/article/16-spare-wheel-kit-retrofit-to-your-duster/

Best of luck with it.

Reactions: rascorpuz

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Hi All,

Thank you.
Hi there rascorpuz

here is the link to Karl http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/topic/1275-smc-dacia-parts/

give him a ring he's really helpful, and you get a discount as a forum member

DM x

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. My first time of using this forum. So hello everybody.

Just wandered whether anybody could help please? i'm trying to locate a spare wheel cradle and jack kit for my dacia duster laureate 1.5 diesel 2x 63 reg. Where would people recommend i get one from please and ? prices. I spoke to the main dealer but they weren't very helpful and said they didn't think they could get this item?

Thanks Fiona :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts