UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have recently started to notice that when I start my duster in the morning it starts fine, but is a little lumpy on the tick over. Additionally after travelling at motorway speed for a while, the engine seems to be what can only be described as missing a beat? It does not lower rev's, it just doesn't quite feel right?
Any thoughts?

( Dacia Duster 4x2 Access 1.6 petrol)

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
dodgy Fuel, did you use a different Petrol Station?

Reactions: Avkitmonkey

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a 1.6 Access and I have had no problems with tick over and also driven to London from Sunderland and have had no problems up to now

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses, I have booked it in. I have only used a local BP, for fuel since new could be a dodgy batch.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have a 1.6 petrol Access 4x4 have just over 3700 miles been from Glasgow to Peterhead 4 times round trip has been over 400
miles at speeds of let's say around 80 mph and I have had no loss of power. Actually the engine seems to be getting quicker.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had one oddity when starting hot.

The car conked out reverse parking. Initially I put it down to me being used to a diesel and not giving enough welly but when I started her up again she idled at low revs, around 600 rpm, then cut out.

This has not happened since, and when I did the idle test to check the fan it sat at around 1200 rpm and gradually dropped to around 600 rpm - assuming the rev counter is reasonably accurate.

A scan of the service manual would suggest that unlike cars of old, idle speed is a complex function controlled by the ECU rather than a tweak of a screw somewhere, so maybe the circumstances threw the software a wobbly. One off for now but I'll keep an eye on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts