UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
It appears that most of the items offered in the accessory packs (when purchasing a new Duster) are available to purchase separately. So, which is cheaper? Below, I've compared the price from dealer fitment, vs self-fitment.

Where possible for each item, there is a link to purchase the item direct from ShopDacia.com (An EU-based Dacia accessories online shop) along with their price, a Dacia UK part number so you can order from your local dealer, UK price, fitting guide and a link to fellow Dacia owners reviews of the product. The UK Dacia Dealer price INCLUDES fitting, so you can make an informed decision as to whether you wish to fit yourself, or pay the dealer to do it.

Update - All DaciaForum Premium Members now get 5% off ShopDacia.com's prices. So you can save even more money whilst supporting us!

Adventurer Pack £445 fitted

4 wheel arch protection:
UK Part Numbers (x4): 960169632R, 960178918R, 788A24426R, 788A33613R
UK Dacia Dealer Price Inc Fitting: £250
ShopDacia.com Price Self Fitment: 259 Euros - With DaciaForum Premium Member 5% Discount = 245.05 Euros
** DaciaForum.co.uk Fitting Guide **
User Reviews: Click Here

4 door protection side mouldings:
UK Part Number: 808725725R
UK Dacia Dealer Price Inc Fitting: £245
ShopDacia.com Price Self Fitment: 169 Euros - With DaciaForum Premium Member 5% Discount = 160.55 Euros

Protection Pack £575 fitted

Rear parking sensors:
UK Part Number: 7711224385
UK Dacia Dealer Price Inc Fitting: £275
ShopDacia.com Price Self Fitment: 139 Euros - With DaciaForum Premium Member 5% Discount = 132.05 Euros

Door locking alarms:
UK Part Number: 285907668R
UK Dacia Dealer Price Inc Fitting: £295
ShopDacia.com Price Self Fitment: Starts at 66 Euros - With DaciaForum Premium Member 5% Discount = 62 Euros
** Fitting Guide Coming Soon **

Exterior tailgate protection:
UK Part Number: 849933883R
UK Dacia Dealer Price Inc Fitting: £90
ShopDacia.com Price Self Fitment: 40 Euros - With DaciaForum Premium Member 5% Discount = 38 Euros

Front and rear mudflaps:
UK Part Number: Front - 638537420R, Rear - 788121885R
UK Dacia Dealer Price Inc Fitting: £75 Front, £75 Rear
ShopDacia.com Price Self Fitment: 45 Euros - With DaciaForum Premium Member 5% Discount = 42.75 Euros

Boot liner:
UK Part Number: 849751116R
UK Dacia Dealer Price Inc Fitting: £65
ShopDacia.com Price Self Fitment: 48 Euros - With DaciaForum Premium Member 5% Discount = 43 Euros

** Fitting Guide Not Required **

Styling Pack £655 fitted

Front styling bars:
UK Part Number: 8201220014
UK Dacia Dealer Price Inc Fitting: £265
ShopDacia.com Price Self Fitment: 149 Euros - With DaciaForum Premium Member 5% Discount = 141.55 Euros

Side styling bars:
UK Part Number: 769C42889R
UK Dacia Dealer Price Inc Fitting: £265
ShopDacia.com Price Self Fitment: 280 Euros - With DaciaForum Premium Member 5% Discount = 266 Euros

Chrome plated rear exhaust pipe:
UK Part Number: 45mm Petrol - 200910184R, 50mm Diesel - 200910477R
UK Dacia Dealer Price Inc Fitting: £65 (Petrol & Diesel)
ShopDacia.com Price Self Fitment: 20 Euros - With DaciaForum Premium Member 5% Discount = 19 Euros
User Reviews: ClickHere

Daytime running lights:
UK Part Number: 8201296384
ShopDacia.com Price Self Fitment: 19 Euros - With DaciaForum Premium Member 5% Discount = 8.55 Euros

Touring Pack £555 fitted

Towing Kit (Tow bar, bolt kit & 13-pin towing harness with module)
UK Part Number: 511608361R & 511605399R & 241577257R
ShopDacia.com Price Self Fitment: 219 Euros - With DaciaForum Premium Member 5% Discount = 208.05 Euros

Cross bar (to fit longitudinal roof bars):
UK Part Number: 738200208R
UK Dacia Dealer Price Inc Fitting: £120
ShopDacia.com Price Self Fitment: 129 Euros - With DaciaForum Premium Member 5% Discount = 122.55 Euros

Front central armrest (dark or light grey):
UK Part Number: 877003175R
UK Dacia Dealer Price Inc Fitting: £160
ShopDacia.com Price Self Fitment: 129 Euros With DaciaForum Premium Member 5% Discount = 122.55 Euros

Ultimately though, what the above shows is that all the items are available to purchase separately. This means you can mix and match, and spec your Dacia Duster exactly how you want it!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Blimey, Nick.

You have certainly done your homework here.

It is compelling stuff. When I read about the prices , I have to admit I thought they were quite a bit pricey.

The only pack I got was the touring pack. I checked the prices on a tow bar fitted, as I am a mechanically minded as a bag of leaf mould. I would not be able to fit a towbar if my life depended on it, and wiring in the electrical bit is asking for an honourary mention in the Darwin Awards!

Incidentally I noticed that it is a 13 pin thing, and I have a 7 pin things, Reading up, it seems to be a rationalisation to a European standard (One which actually makes sense for once) and I can pick up a converter for about a fiver.

I have had a look at the boot guard thing before. As I understand it, it is something that gose on the horizontal top of the bumper that abuts the floor level of the boot. There are some sites on ebay where you can have any wording stencilled on it! Even fruitty ones, if you know what I mean, LOL

The ones i have seen on Ebay and that excellent website you have mentioned before, seem to be stuck down using the 'Blue Peter' method of sticky backed plastic!!

They also do ones for the door sills!!

That all said, it certainly shows that post sales fitting is the way forward, and at least I do not have to stump up cash in advance.

In regards to the DRLs, I am sure that at some point my daler willbe able to; I am going to ask him next time I drive past; evidently they are mandatory in Czech republic, where I want to got to.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've now managed to get hold of the official Dacia fitting guides for most of the accessories! I'll be uploading them today hopefully
As I suspected, most of it is pretty straightforward to fit, all the body mouldings are stuck / screwed on, electrics look straight forward as well. I'll let you know when I'm done

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice one! I've already downloaded one to take a look at the instructions!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've now managed to get hold of the official Dacia fitting guides for most of the accessories! I'll be uploading them today hopefully
Nick, any news on the uploads? I'm itching to start reading-up.....

This is one of the things I'll be asking about the warranty. I wonder if it is affected by installing Dacia parts, but doing it after purchase and not using Dacia dealers for it.....

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check out the link in the top navigation bar, I've uploaded about 5 so far

Posted from my Galaxy S2, please excuse my grammar and spelling, fat fingers!

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
324 Posts
LOL

Nick, you and I have two very different definitions of straightforward

I look at the manuals and shudder!!

I would like to reiterate, as mentioned in another post, I have all the mechanical ability as a bag of leaf mould, A very large bag,

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I'm quite mechanically adept, I've got a 1990 Toyota MR2 in my garage which I'm currently removing the old 2.0 turbo engine, and installing a 3.5 V6 engine
Once done, it'll be putting down about 330bhp!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've got a 1990 Toyota MR2 in my garage
That sounds pretty cool. I'm quite a fan of old Toyotas.... I've got a Celsior and a Soarer at the moment. Which V6 are you installing? More importantly, what's happening with the old 2.0?....I've always fancied dropping one in a Capri.

I actually run a local Japanese Car Club in Hull. You should check out Five-Yen.com ..... If you're ever in the area, feel free to pop to one of the meets. We're mainly just a few old-boys that sit in a pub and have a bit of a rant. We really didn't like the usual "chav kids" type of clubs, so set up our own. Plus, we like all cars, so wanted anyone to feel welcome.

Have now found the tutorials......Looking forward to a little light reading!

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's a 2grfe, same as what is fitted to the lotus evora! Came from a Toyota Sienna in America, it's about 4 year old.

Hull unfortunately is a bit too far for me I'm afraid! Although agreed on the clubs front, I generally hang out on twobrutal.co.uk, no kids there either!

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've started updating the first post with links to the relevant fitting guides
Currently uploading some more at the moment.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Incidentally I noticed that it is a 13 pin thing, and I have a 7 pin things, Reading up, it seems to be a rationalisation to a European standard (One which actually makes sense for once) and I can pick up a converter for about a fiver.
I've just posted up guides for the 7-pin and 13-pin, you can now take a look at what you're avoiding!

·
Registered
324 Posts

I've just had a gander at the 13 pin thing, and am I glad I am having it fitted!!!

I could feel my brains dribbling out of my ears just reading it.

I am a little perplexed by some of the symbology, to be honest.

Oh I am so glad I am having it done.

Looking through, about the only thing I could have a fighting chance of doing myself without killing me/anyone else or destroying the car to comedic effect, would be the wind deflectors, and even then I would be bricking it!!

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've got wind deflectors on my current car, and tbh, they were a bit of a pig to fit! Kept thinking they were going to snap....

·
Registered
324 Posts
Lol, you're not selling me the idea of attempting them myself!

Do you find them to be any good?

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, they are great, it's some I'll be fitting to my duster for sure.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm slightly confused about DRL's - theyr'e part of an option pack but according to the European Directive 76/656/EEC, as amended by 2008/89/EC (snappy title)
Vehicle manufacturers must fit DRL to new types of passenger car and light goods vehicle (car derived vans) type approved to European vehicle requirements from February 20111. In practice this means that any new model launched after this date, and many launched before, will be fitted with DRL.

Which would seem to imply they are mandatory - if I've got the wrong end of the stick please remember I started this post with I'm slightly confused....

1 - 20 of 98 Posts