UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the Heating/Fan/ Air conditioning unit changed in Aug because it was faulty. I had an operation at the beginning of Sept. and I have just started to drive again. When I used the car this morning I used the air conditioning to demist the windscreen for the first time since the unit was changed (the light comes on) but nothing happened. Before when I have used the air conditioning I am sure the fan used to start up am I right or wrong.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I had the Heating/Fan/ Air conditioning unit changed in Aug because it was faulty. I had an operation at the beginning of Sept. and I have just started to drive again. When I used the car this morning I used the air conditioning to demist the windscreen for the first time since the unit was changed (the light comes on) but nothing happened. Before when I have used the air conditioning I am sure the fan used to start up am I right or wrong.
not sure if it's the same but on the logan there's a distinct hum, try switching it on somewhere quiet and listen for that beginning crack noise from when it starts up, if you know what I mean.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
On my 2015 French spec Lauréate the aircon will only start up (warning light on) if the fan is already switched on.
...similar to my previous Suzuki SX4 and my wife's current brace of Toyotas (Aygo & MR2): you can switch the aircon on at any stage, but it only does it's job if you also turn the fan on and adjust the temperature and airflow controls to get the desired effect...

Joe
p.s. my Ambiance-spec Duster has an effective electric/manual aircon system...work it out...

Reactions: Troute
1 - 4 of 4 Posts