UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, finally took delivery of my Duster on Tuesday (ordered 22nd Sept!). It's an Ambience 4X4, granite grey, adventurer pack, tow bar, ASR with G3 paint protection.

150 miles so far, really pleased with it but have these questions and comments:

1. Temp gauge. Always stays at 2 bars from the bottom when warm so nowhere near the middle of the scale - is this normal?

2. Floor Mats - the only ones I see listed online are for the 2X4 model will they fit my 4X4?

3. Seat/driving position. I'm finding it hard to get comfortable in the car. The height adjustment is just that and, unlike most vehicles, does not change the rake of the seat base at all. I would prefer the seat base to be flatter in relation to the car i.e. rear of the seat raised a bit. I've looked at the seat base and I recon there might be a possibility of simply inserting a spacer between where the seats bolts to the seat rail to change the angle. Anyone tried this?

4. Speaker/elec window moulding. It may be just me but I've got bruises on my right knee already from where it rubs in the protruding door binnacle for the window switches. Not sure what to do about that one...

Thanks in advance guys. Will post picture of the car later.

Paul

·
Registered
560 Posts
Paul welcome to the forum.

It seems 2 bars is the norm for the temp gauge.

Regarding the mats the 4x4 are listed differently to the 2x4. Your dealer may be able to provide some. I got mine as part of the protection pack.

Hope that helps, someone will be along shortly to answer your other points.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I disagree topofall , a water leak is bad. Long term its not good ! How many have been affected ? Well a few on this forum, but how many others not on the forum ?

How many have even bothered to check, how many have heard about it ?

It may take awhile for the leak to show its self, it may depend on wether the car is parked on slight incline, who knows ?

At the moment the weather is dry, I'll put a wager on with anyone that come the heavy rains , may be this summer or winter , you watch the numbers finding leaks increase.

Once you have signed over the car, you're stuck with it and some Renault dealers don't give a toss !

I'm not knocking the duster, I may still wait for my car to arrive. But the problem should have been fixed and it seems its not just one place where it leaks !
Hi everyone, finally took delivery of my Duster on Tuesday (ordered 22nd Sept!). It's an Ambience 4X4, granite grey, adventurer pack, tow bar, ASR with G3 paint protection.

150 miles so far, really pleased with it but have these questions and comments:

1. Temp gauge. Always stays at 2 bars from the bottom when warm so nowhere near the middle of the scale - is this normal?

2. Floor Mats - the only ones I see listed online are for the 2X4 model will they fit my 4X4?

3. Seat/driving position. I'm finding it hard to get comfortable in the car. The height adjustment is just that and, unlike most vehicles, does not change the rake of the seat base at all. I would prefer the seat base to be flatter in relation to the car i.e. rear of the seat raised a bit. I've looked at the seat base and I recon there might be a possibility of simply inserting a spacer between where the seats bolts to the seat rail to change the angle. Anyone tried this?

4. Speaker/elec window moulding. It may be just me but I've got bruises on my right knee already from where it rubs in the protruding door binnacle for the window switches. Not sure what to do about that one...

Paul
Hi Paul and welcome to the forum

Having done 2,500 care free miles in my car I can answer a few of your questions above..

1. I raised the exact same question on the forum when I took delivery of my car, I can confirm that 2 bars is normal for any standard operations, when stuck in traffic on warm days it goes up to about 4 bars and also yesterday when I was testing the speed limit on a long run, it occasionally rose up a few more bars as well.

2. I would suggest ordering mats through a dealer to ensure the correct ones.

3. This is personal preference, so I cannot really comment, the seating position does take a while to get used to when coming from a traditional car, but you soon get used to it, and I have done some long runs now and its been fine.

4. I know what you mean here, my knee rubs against it too, but I actually use it as a leg rest now and have got used to it !

any other questions fire away you will find this forum a great help.

Keith

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Hi Paul, and welcome to the forum :) I got carpetty mats from my dealer as compensation for the wait.....also got the ambience 4x4...its great. But I have ordered rubber ones from Karl.....take a look at the spare parts with numbers section on the forum. Its been great. I got my Duster on the 25th April and this was delayed 3 weeks because the brakes issue that wasn't a recall was being fixed on all the cars that were arriving at Tyne Port. Also they were fixing the issue with the leaks to the seal at the front. I live in Scotland.....its been raining stair-rods all day....and no water has come in.....and I drove 130miles up the A9 early this morning, and then got in at 11pm having driven back....windscreen wipers on fast at some points....and the car is DRY on the inside.

On a long run, the temperature can go up to 3 bars, and the Forth Road Bridge was a car-park friday eve, and it went up to 4 in queuing traffic, but the fan kicked in and brought it down again....and once I was moving on the a90 to the bridge it cooled back to 2.....so really just like a normal car !!!!

Hope this helps :)

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your friendly replys chaps.

240miles so far - all good. The fuel consumption seems really low and it's freeing up nicely.

Another minor niggle: in my narrow street it is wise to fold in the road facing mirror at night - unlike any other car I've had, when you unfold the next morning, the mirror needs completely readjusting and, of course, the Ambience does not have elec. mirrors... so it's a lunge across to the passenger side at the first traffic lights!

I could, of course, park the other way then the adjustment would be on the dirvers side, but a habit of 25 years is hard to break!

Got some lovely pictures but cannot work out how to post them at the moment - can anyone enlighten me on this?

Regards,

Paul

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Got some lovely pictures but cannot work out how to post them at the moment - can anyone enlighten me on this?

Regards,

Paul
Hi Paul,

Make sure you click the "More Reply Options" button at the bottom right, and you'll see an option appear to upload photos.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys,

My Duster!

Ordered the Grey colour unseen and I'm realy pleased with the shade and the look of the adventurer kit with it. Being an Ambience, the mirrors, door handles and roof rails are also black. The only thing I don't like is the chrome number plate surround - not in keeping with the overall look and I might look into changing it for a matt black version.

Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
That looks nice KingSR, i see what you mean about the chrome rear trim looks a bit loud on the Granite Grey, anyway happy Dustering

·
Registered
431 Posts
Looks the buzz, hope you have many happy miles and enjoy your Duster.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got a Duster last Friday, got a quick question, are the isofix mounts supposed to protrude on the back seat, in mine the ones on the drivers side are clearly visible while on the other side they seem to be sandwiched between the seat cushions and don't protrude as much.

I'm not sure if I should try to realign the seat myself or mention it to the dealer or just accept it.

Thanks in advance,

Aodh.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Got a Duster last Friday, got a quick question, are the isofix mounts supposed to protrude on the back seat, in mine the ones on the drivers side are clearly visible while on the other side they seem to be sandwiched between the seat cushions and don't protrude as much.

I'm not sure if I should try to realign the seat myself or mention it to the dealer or just accept it.

Thanks in advance,

Aodh.
yes mine are like that and not sure if meant to be that way - when it is in for its water leak i will ask about it

·
Registered
269 Posts
I've noticed this as well re the ISOFIX brackets, they stick out really bad actually for passengers. Did either of you get this sorted????

Cheers

Bang

1 - 13 of 13 Posts