UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder how much spinning a front tire has to do before the rear axel is engaged when in Auto 4x4, partial rotation, full rotation or multiple rotations? I haven't been able to watch from outside but my seat of the pants impression is one full rotation or less.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
I wonder how much spinning a front tire has to do before the rear axel is engaged when in Auto 4x4, partial rotation, full rotation or multiple rotations? I haven't been able to watch from outside but my seat of the pants impression is one full rotation or less.
Long time since I read-up on the Dacia (Nissan) 4WD system, but I seem to recall the system is supposed to kick-in within a few degrees of a slipping wheel revolution. However, I'm guessing that the system switches on-off so quickly that, if overall traction is not regained instantly, it might appear that the slipping has not been "stopped".

(What I do know is that the 4WD has got me off a couple of steep shingle beaches without any real hassle. Happy with that however it works! :) )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts