UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 duster, 1.5 dci (facelift/fat roof bar one)
if car is sitting overnight, when turn key, no start. (no turn of engine, no starter noise, no 'click click click')
if turn key a couple of times on and off, starts quickly no problem

not battery issue (happened before and after battery replacement, battery terminals all cleaned) Also, when fail to start, lights do not dim (sign of weak battery)

but, as i do not hear click, i am thinking, solenoid is sticking, and after a couple of tries, its unstuck. is the solenoid easy to get to? would like to check terminals, possibly replace

·
Registered
204 Posts
Simple question, but troubleshooting is not that easy. First, can u tell me if u have any kind of multimeter? Someone else can check the batt voltage beforehand, w/ full electrical load (lights, hazard & blower fan) and third while u are trying to start the car (lights & accessories off).

I have purposely attached a pic of one of my DMMs, AC-DC Clamp meter clamped around the +ve and a Battery tester (CCA, SOH, SOC, internal resistance, Cranking time, min battery voltage & alternator test w/ & w/o load). The 2nd pic is that of the solenoid mounted on the starter motor pointing w/ a yellow insulated screwdriver (same engine, Ph2).

As Jimmy Jeep suggested grounding is very important. There are 2 thick black cables to chassis & engine block. The resistance will be '0' (subtract the residual R). U should get '0V' between batt neg & gnd. I only got a differential of 0.07 mv between batt -ve and gnd w/ load.

There are two 60A fuses in the engine bay fuse box which supply current to the IGN switch & fuse chains inside the car. Check that.

If u are suspecting that the solenoid is stuck, u can lightly hammer it w/ a wooden rod. Does that help?

There are 3 stages for heating the glow plugs. I'll leave the details out. At least wait till all the warning lights go off, ~5", before cranking. The CEL will go only after starting. Remember, unlike the 'normal' approach, the oil & battery lights will go off BEFORE starting. They are only 'warning' lights!

Use a diesel fuel additive.

Circuit component Passive circuit component Hardware programmer Electrical wiring Gadget

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design

·
Registered
Dacia Duster 2018 1.5 diesel 115 addblue and a 2013 Sandero 1.5 dci Ambience
78 Posts
was going to suggest starter solenoid. some have spade connector connections on them and these can work loose stopping the solenoid from working

1 - 4 of 4 Posts