·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it was the third down on the left side, slightly curvier arial type.

One thing I should mention, using the app thingy to order takes you away from eBay but it's ok, the order still goes through fine and payment is via paypal. It's why it took me so long to find it, not listed in my eBay purchases.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Troute...

Do you have to order 2 or do they come as a pair ???

I know...i'm giving my overworked braincell a rest this evening !

DM x

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You need to order two, mine were £3.00 each delivered.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I like the look of that, its smart.

Sent from my Motorola Xoom using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree, that looks very smart.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Some folk at the muster were asking where I got the Duster decal from on my roof bars.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Personalised-Custom-Car-Stickers-Cut-Vinyl-Decals-Name-Lettering-add-Text-NEW-/221239617271?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3382e8a6f7

There's a designer doohickey that you put your chosen text into, then pick your font/colour (size via slider) and away you go. The Duster logo I used is ~27cmx5cm and fits nicely in the flat area on the black.
Look fantastic!...... only issue i can see is that you won't be able to fit roof bars without damaging the stickers, if you don't intend fitting them then who cares and ignore my post!! B)
Geraint, you make a very valid point there, I had'nt considered that one (its Friday!) so they would be no use to me where oor wullie has placed them as I have roof bars, but Troute you state that you have put yours on the "flat area on the black". First thing, can you post a picture to show what it looks like and secondly with that been a textured plastic, how well do they stick to it?

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I thought I had posted it on the forums but it seems not, sorry :) It has been on for a week or so now and seems to be holding fine even though the slightly rough surface did worry me a bit before I applied it.

I chose a silver/grey to try to match the roof bars, door handles etc.

dusterbling.jpg

·
Registered
236 Posts
Have to say that does look good mate. One other question, does it go on in one piece or do you apply the letters individually? Really think I am going to have to go for that.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The lettering comes on a backing sheet which you apply to the surface. Peel it back slowly to leave individual letters. Follow the link in troute's post and you will find an instructional video which is well worth watching.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
It's one long strip with separate letters on it. Peel off the backing paper* and you have a clearish tacky strip that you stick in place. Once you have it aligned you peel back the clear plastic* leaving the letters behind.

*The warmer it is the easier it works but when I put mine on I didn't heat it so had to be more careful when peeling/applying. Peel off the unwanted layers slowly and if the letters start to lift off you can go back a bit or hold them down with your finger tips.

Peel this way -
peel.jpg
at a sharp angle and from left to right as the letters tend to stay down better if there's a long edge first.

/edit Wullie got off his bucket ahead of me :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sounds a bit like the forum sticker which I had a disaster with.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Much the same but the letters are bigger and so stick a bit better.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Troute and Topofall, we have had some foul weather recently, was wondering how your decals have been performing, still in place?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts