UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it's looking like I may have to order a new duster, I was wondering if anyone has any info on the Euro 6 and start stop in them.

I can't seem to find any pictures of the start stop and whether it can be turned off (I used to have a BMW with it and could disable if needed)

Also as it looks like I can get a better deal (more money off) if I take out HP , has anyone done this and paid the finance off almost immediately ? was there any penalty or difficulty in doing this

Thanks

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
As it's looking like I may have to order a new duster, I was wondering if anyone has any info on the Euro 6 and start stop in them.
I can't seem to find any pictures of the start stop and whether it can be turned off (I used to have a BMW with it and could disable if needed)

Also as it looks like I can get a better deal (more money off) if I take out HP , has anyone done this and paid the finance off almost immediately ? was there any penalty or difficulty in doing this

Thanks

The only pictures you are likely to find of the Start/Stop is of a switch to the left of the handbrake lever... This switch will deactivate the Start/Stop function until the ignition is switched off... Next time you switch the ignition on Start/Stop is automatically initiated but you can press the switch to deactivate each time you turn on the ignition if you wish to.

The HP discount is just a con to get people to take out Dacia high APR finance... The dealer tried to push it heavily with me obviously trying to get his commission from it.
When you calculate the fees ( set up and final payment fees ) Then add the interest for your first 3 instalments you are not actually saving anything. You can cancel the finance after months but by that time they have clawed back the discount via fees and interest.

I got a better deal by paying cash and rejecting the salesmans push to put it on finance to get the dealer contribution.
I did weigh up the other benefit of the free 5yr extended warranty, but I found you can buy that direct from Dacia at a discounted price, which the dealer can not offer they can only charge you full MRP... But there is discount codes floating round this forum to buy it at the discounted price direct from dacia.

So paying cash, haggling a little discount of the total price, I was cheaper than putting it on HP and paying it off after months... Even after buying the discounted extended warranty direct from dacia I am still in pocket.... "Just do the maths as they say"

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just had euro 6 duster, start stop switch is under heater controls... yet to get my head around it yet though as only picked duster up Wednesday eve

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
As easy to turn off as pressing a switch is! Generally leave mine on on as start stop is disengaged if
clutch pedal is in anyway, so unless you're stuck at traffic lights or some other long delay you won't find the starter kicking in all the time.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
As said above it can be turned off with a switch, though will automatically be on again if the keys are removed then engine restarted.

I use it pretty much every time I stop (end up releasing the clutch in any sort of traffic/lights now), the engine generally starts quick enough at traffic lights etc.

A symbol appears on the computer/clock screen when stop/start is available. It will automatically be unavailable if the battery is not charged enough (so no chance of running your battery flat).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts