UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just ordered a 4x4 laureate diesel in white. Still wondering if I've done the right thing but seems great value for a 4x4.

Anyway looking at various pictures from around the world I've noticed some versions have black inner light clusters which look a lot better, anyone know if these will be fitted to the top spec version?

Simon

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
I had not noticed the headlight difference between the 4x2 & 4x4 models before. Are there any other exterior differences apart from the sticker on the back for the 4x4 models?

Graham

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Thanks, that's interesting as dealer hadn't a clue.

Simon
I've visited my dealer twice now, first to view the static model in the showroom and then for a test drive, and on both occasions I found that certainly on some aspects at least I was giving the salesman information rather than the bother way around! However my wife would say that's because I'm 'sad'!

I'd also qualify this by saying that I'm actually very happy with my dealer so far.

Graham

·
Registered
324 Posts
It's strange, but my dealer was telling other customers that I know more about the duster than he did.

For me, as I am spending so much money, I want to be sure about everything about it. I will not tell you how much time I have spent on the internet researching.

Thank god for this forum though!!!!

Reactions: Nick

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
It's strange, but my dealer was telling other customers that I know more about the duster than he did.
It's pretty much the norm that car salesmen know very little about the product they are selling. They are much more interested in the money to be made selling cars, naturally, and in cars as emblems of wealth, power and status. As such, they will never bother to find out much about the Duster!

It wouldn't take much to learn about the cars you are selling. An evening spent reading the brochures and learning the basic information therein would suffice. At least salesmen these days seem to be more willing to admit to their ignorance, they used to blatantly lie in the past if they didn't know something!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking at the pictures of cars leaving the dock in India bound for Newcastle, not one has the darker lights so I suspect we won't be getting them.

Simon

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Simon - they reckon they will sell mostly 2WD models so it's maybe simply that all the ones in the photo's you saw were 2WD - time will tell!

Graham

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
I think it suits the darker rimmed lights much better. That and the Elia led tail lights
nice. oh and I saw another you tube vid showing the upgrade and how-to on replacing the bulb 3rd brake with a LED one.
I fear I'm being sucked in by the duster and I've not even driven one yet!

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
I fear I'm being sucked in by the duster and I've not even driven one yet!
Don't worry, you're in good company

Have you got a link to the Elia LED lights?

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
I've not seen rhd versions tbh (reverse and fog positions switched) but they are on my wish list if I find them and I'll certainly post them here
Shopdacia.com have led clusters but they looked like Lhd versions only.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
I can see some LED rear clusters made by a company called 'Dectane'. Are they the ones?

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
The RHD Laureate 4x4 model I test drove today only had standard headlights i.e. not the darkened ones (as per photo below):

Graham

·
Registered
1 Posts
I looked at getting new lights for my duster, but in the end getting them tinted only cost me £40 for the lot and I think they look pretty good! I'm trying to match the elia design so only got half tints on the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's strange I first put this post out when I was going to buy an Indian made duster, now I have these darker lights on my new duster!! I see a German company have made a version with a built in led DRL.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts