UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have now been given a firm delivery date for my Renault Duster 4x4 in Colombia. March 25th yippee! I'm wondering if the key system is the same on your Dacia version. With the Renault you get two keys containing a chip that the car recognizes. One of the keys can be used to open or lock the doors remotely. The second key can only lock or unlock the doors physically and of course function in the ignition. I asked about getting a third key, either type and was told it would cost around $250(US)and has to be shipped from France. Similar with Dacia?

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
hi pita...

i got two identical keys with George....both with the remote system for doors and boot....

both contain a chip too...(i think anyhoo, but will stand corrected)...

and both work in the ignition

hope this helps

DM x

ps....WOO HOO....your car arrives soon !

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks friends. Hmmm...seems odd then. Wonder why Renault short changes us. Rather inconvenient if you have two drivers who carry their own sets of keys.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bought a Citreon C3 in 2012, same problem 1 remote key and 1 normal. Still its better than when i bought my motorbike in 2007. 1 key & 1 plastic emergency key you can put in your wallet. and that was BMW at least Dacia give real keys not plastic ????

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts