UK Dacia Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
...both the OP and I have 'Ambiance' spec Dusters...so its unlikely to be related to air-con ;)

·
Registered
279 Posts
It could well be the dpf regen. I have noticed on 2 occasions when mine is doing it. And at slower speeds, 30mph and under, the car sounds awful and there is a lot of vibration. Anything over that sort of speed and you don't notice it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got the blimming washer fluid smell too, thought I was losing the plot.

I narrowed it down to the lid on the washer bottle being poorly sealed and some spilling out. I'm looking for a little rubber gasket or o ring that will fit.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
...wondered about the DPF regen, as I haven't been aware of it during 3 months / 3k miles: someone said a diesel engine races a bit during regen, although I read somewhere that the Renault (and therefore Dacia) system works differently.

...must also check the washer bottle lid seal...

·
Registered
Dacia Duster 2018 1.5 diesel 115 addblue and a 2013 Sandero 1.5 dci Ambience
78 Posts
if you have alloy wheels and stick on weights its a good chance youve just thrown a weight and the wheel is wobbling at certain speeds, esspecially if you use a jet wash on the wheels, other issues could be a driveshaft off balence or one of the bearings on the longer shaft going home. the intermeadiate bearing on the long shaft but usually this would wobble all the time especially whilst pulling away. a bulge in one of your tyres could cause this to. even if you have steel wheels a thrown balence weight is more likely.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had similar on my 1.5dci - a judder at around 2000 RPM in all the higher gears.
Unexpectedly, this resolved itself when I changed the cam-belt.
So I'm thinking the old belt had stretched enough to put the timing out - just ever so slightly.
It might have been a total coincidence but judder before cam-belt change - no judder since cam-belt change and 12K miles covered since.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts