UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

As you know in my other post, I was upset and dissapointed, after waiting so long and I found out its the wrong duster, that is been given to me!...I am happy with the advice on here, I will be rejecting that duster whether its in my name or not! and either sourcing another dealer, or I might have to go back and join the back of the queue!....I just rang customer service 08443351111 to try and speak to someone and let them know of my decision, and give my reference number, but all I get is, someone will ring you back, mine you, they have been saying that since yesterday!

My question is; to anyone who has received a new duster laureate is: What was the condition that it was in, when you first seen it? and what is acceptable delivery milage?

·
Registered
167 Posts
mine had 15 miles. but it was serviced/cleaned before i even saw it.. as its supposed to be. the car will been driven by workers ofcouse.. first the boat personal then a lorry-driver then the dealer..

but this was sweden and a nice salesman and nice guy in the garage that had cleaned it good.

but you got a Duster with the wrong specs.. no matter how good it looked its the wrong car!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Mine was poorly prepared, still dusty inside, and feint scratch marks from car wash... To put it bluntly bit crap really...

But unicoder has given me some advice on how I can get rid of the swirl marks... As for the rest will give it a good clean during tomorrow afternoon

It seems to be a common theme on this forum with Renault dealers... They seem to basically not give a flying f****

About how the car is presented to the new owners

Forgot to mention 10 miles on clock

·
Registered
259 Posts
Immaculate condition on handover (good dealer)

10 Delivery miles.

Suggest you persist with Customer Services, however daunting and frustrating ... keeps your case in the frame. Buying a new car (or any car) shouldn't be like this, as many can testify in this forum ... so it's quite right to keep up the pressure for accurate information and a competent service from Dacia and from the dealer. First things first though ... it sounds like your dealer is one to avoid ... get shot of the dealer, complain to Dacia CS, make sure you get what you want. The Duster's a great car, which is why most of us have persisted even in the face of very poor customer experiences. Hope you are able to get your money back from the dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
I've been meaning to setup a section of the site so people can rate their local Renault / Dacia dealership. Looks like I should do it sooner than later!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Another survey... what people have ordered, spec etc, options for that when they ordered, dares when ordered, and if received delivery, and condition of vehicle at delivery, location to build up some stats then we could have something to show Dacia as a community rather than individuals... could be more powerful :)

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
I've been meaning to setup a section of the site so people can rate their local Renault / Dacia dealership. Looks like I should do it sooner than later!!
Good idea , time to name and shame , is it legal ?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Good idea , time to name and shame , is it legal ?
I suppose as long as it is factual and not defamatory, wouldn't have thought there is a lot they can do... although if we have any legal people on here I am sure they would be better qualified to answer. Not sure if you can actually name names or garage names publicly. Again not a legal eagle so not sure

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi

I have to report Its not all doom and gloom regarding Dusters so dont be put off. I collected my White Duster Laureate 4x2 +ESC Today from Marshall Web In Milton Keynes. I ordered it on 17th Jan and at the time it wasnt matched up so was given 2/3months expected delivery time. So with this expectation and bearing in mind the car was held up for those safety checks as well, I now have the car now 98 days from order. The condition of the car was perfect upon closer inspection at home. When I went to the dealers my car was nowhere in sight but was revealed to me actually inside the showroom having been covered up, so the car was literally driven from the showroom!!! The mileage was 25miles which is understandable.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hi

I have to report Its not all doom and gloom regarding Dusters so dont be put off. I collected my White Duster Laureate 4x2 +ESC Today from Marshall Web In Milton Keynes. I ordered it on 17th Jan and at the time it wasnt matched up so was given 2/3months expected delivery time. So with this expectation and bearing in mind the car was held up for those safety checks as well, I now have the car now 98 days from order. The condition of the car was perfect upon closer inspection at home. When I went to the dealers my car was nowhere in sight but was revealed to me actually inside the showroom having been covered up, so the car was literally driven from the showroom!!! The mileage was 25miles which is understandable.
mine was covered up also in the showroom... problem was they didn't clean it very well before they covered it up :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
my ambiece was as i expected when collected, had a good look round it-rear number plate was so wonky! told em and they replaced while i waited. wheels and tyres coverd with an awful sticky shiny valet spray-cleaned it off at home and done it correctly. had one or two very very small marks on bumpers but polished out. had a sheet of daily mirror on the drivers side-no paper mats! 12 miles on clock

overall 8 out of 10

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
Some of the vehicles with more than 10 miles or so on them, may have been used as a quick demo before you get it.

I went to a dealer to test drive a duster and was told that there demo car was out, but if I wait a few mins they would get the trade plates on a customers car park around back, so I did exactly that.

So the laureate 4x4 in blue from xxxxxxxxxxxxx dealer with over 100 miles on it when collected thanks it was a nice drive :)

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hi I picked mine up yesterday and the car had been valeted and the paint protection finish applied. 11 miles on the clock.

However today I have been for a jaunt in the Yorkshire Dales in atrocious weather so it's ready for a good clean!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Right so I have my shopping list for cleaning - thanks Unicoder for rooting out the stuff that was not essential

I think the list is correct :)

MEGUIARS GOLD CLASS SHAMPOO & COND 1.89L

MEGUIARS EVEN COAT APPLICATOR PADS

MEGUIARS WASH MITT

MEGUIARS WATER MAGNET DRYING TOWEL

MEGUIARS HOT RIMS CAR CLEANER 710ml

MEGUIARS ULTIMATE QUIK DETAILER 650ml

MEGUIARS 3 PACK MICROFIBRE

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

10 Delivery miles.

Suggest you persist with Customer Services, however daunting and frustrating ... keeps your case in the frame. Buying a new car (or any car) shouldn't be like this, as many can testify in this forum ... so it's quite right to keep up the pressure for accurate information and a competent service from Dacia and from the dealer. First things first though ... it sounds like your dealer is one to avoid ... get shot of the dealer, complain to Dacia CS, make sure you get what you want. The Duster's a great car, which is why most of us have persisted even in the face of very poor customer experiences. Hope you are able to get your money back from the dealer.

10 Delivery miles.

Thank you....I am keeping up the pressure with customer service, funnily enough Received a call from a withheld number this afternoon/evening twice! as I was busy it went to voice mail....when I checked it, it was from the manager, apologising for not getting back to me yesterday, but she has now spoken to the dealer, and hopefully we can discuss the matter tomorrow!....but when it happens I will keep you all up dated!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts