·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Name: TRIMSTAR LEATHER

Bought From: TRIMSTAR

Paid: Just over a grand

Rating: 5

I have just had my 2013 Duster upgraded with a full leather seat conversion. This place now has the patterns for a Dacia Duster taken from my old two tone cloth grey seat coverings and head rests . I had the new leather done in black and perforated grey leather and its all leather including the sides and backs, no PVC used at all.

They can do a slightly cheaper version using pvc for the edges/backs as is standard in most cars if you want it but i wanted all leather. It cost just over the £1,000 but wont be falling apart like the standard cloth upholstery...

It smells lovely and they did a great job of it in a few days. They are based out of Colchester and they do repairs or new for many of the large car suppliers and garages from all over the UK. See their web site for patterns and options.

See the pics for an idea of what i had done. They do all kinds of cars and i saw an Audi A4 with a full black cloth to leather conversion done there and that too looked great. I also say a VW T5 van they had done with their diamond pattern and stitching again it looked good.

So, give Paul a call and request a quote. He is real friendly as are his staff and he has a loan Honda car you can use to get home in if you have yours done there... His company is Trimstar and their website is www.trim-star.co.uk. They also have a good gallery of their work on the web search for Trimstar and see the facebook pages..

See pics of mine attd,,,,,,

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You pays yer money etc etc. If you want faux leather fine...If you want the same as most manufacturers which is leather fronts and plastic pvc sides and backs its cheaper.....but why would you??? I wouldnt go all the way to Swansea for anything, its too far from here....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Woooow that is very nice.

I believe Dacia do an upgrade to leather for £600. I wonder how it would compare to yours.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Leather seats look great, but a little bit pricey for me, so as previous reply had a cloth set made up although leather and or a leather / cloth was available. Anyway a couple of pictures. Matched in with the colour of the bodywork.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Hi All,

Here is another good website, if anyone is looking for measure to fit leather car seats with impeccable quality for a reasonable price.

Starting price is £220 for both front and back seat leather covers.

http://www.carseatcoversonline.co.uk
I had a look at them they seemed too cheap to be true.... They are not actually leather they are described by the supplier as leatherette, This is not actually leather it is a Faux Leather which basically is a form of artificial leather, usually made by covering a fabric base with plastic. I had that stuff on car seats once before and never again it creates sweaty bum syndrome when the seats get rather hot, sweaty and sticky.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I had a mucky job Monday so made my own Yorkshire seat cover and it was free. Big bath towel put two holes in and put head rest bars through and spread on seat back and base. It worked a treat so much so its now folded in the back for next time...

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Now that's wishful thinking Geraint...

Seriously now though I do like the look of the cloth ones that @dgc has got for his, The blue stitching on them just finishes them off nicely. I wonder what they cost?.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
It sounds like @Roughcut1 is a real Yorkshire man, don't but it if you can make it Hehehe.

To protect seats from marks and stains this is great stuff.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autoglym-Lifeshine-1Interior-Protectant-Fabric-Leather-Upholstery-and-Carpet-New-/142087761562?hash=item2115172e9a:g:E0kAAOSwIgNXsym~

The one in the bottle with black label like in this link is the newest formula, Which can do all the internal of your car including leather seats, dash , Dorr-cards etc.

The older formula with the white label is more just for cloth seats and carpets, So the bottle with the black label is the better one to get.

If anyone is interested in a lifeshine kit, to protect their External paintwork, Glass and interior I have a couple of kits available for sale, That I could do for £18 including P&P.

See this link for details of the 3 types of protection in the kit....

http://www.lifeshine.com/

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have no idea what the factory fitted leather interior is like, but I have opted for it on my Duster which I pick up soon. It was £500 extra on the Prestige model. I ended up going for 2WD instead of 4 because I figured that the once a year that 4WD is useful, the Duster still has high ground clearance and decent tyres - making it better than a standard family car in bad weather/situations. So saving £2k (minus £500 for leather) was worth it in the long run (plus bigger boot).

·
Registered
37 Posts
@samsonite

Heres a photograph of the Aspria factory option part leather seats in our new Duster Prestige.

They are perfectly OK but I have to admit that dens custom seats look better. Then again the Aspira seats are half the price of an aftermarket set.

2u7vu5j.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts