UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
I am considering changing cars at the moment but not sure which to go with, a new duster (dci laureate 4x4) or a used Yeti? Just checking with you guys as yous are the guys with the first had experience of the duster. The interior of the duster is a wee bit of a let down I think, but then again that reflects the price tag of the duster (which is also its selling point) but then there is the depreciation, which is likely to be high. Have any of you guys owned a yeti previously? If so whats your opinions.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
If I can afford it I would never go for a second hand vehicle over a new one. You'll get a decent warranty with new, maybe 6 months or a year second hand and you may be buying somebody elses discarded problems.

·
Registered
222 Posts
also consider the running costs, the Duster diesel 4x4 is cheap to run. CO2 is 137 which means the road tax is £120, servicing is 12000/12 month intervals which is high for a 4x4 and costs £120, insurance group is 11 and it does 53mpg. It has also just been voted in Germany the 2nd most reliable car. Extended 5/7 year manufacturers warranty available for a small charge.
I test drove the Diesel Laureate and I was very impressed.

·
Registered
431 Posts
What attracted me to the Duster is the price and the 3 ~ 5 year warranty something I cannot get for the same prrice I'd have to pay on a few year old Second hand car like a yeti or Qashqui.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Husband & I thinking about a Duster 4x4, but he still likes the Skoda Yeti !! The price though of the Duster is very good ,before we go to look at one, what is the arm/legroom like in the front compared to the yeti? Any help please !! (One who didnt win the telegraph competition to win a Duster)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts