UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is with some regret that I have today cancelled my Duster order.

The way I was spoken to by Dacia / Renault Customer Relations last week is a disgrace when I tried to get a delivery date.

The dealer has also proved poor.

The reasons apart from no delivery date and my treatment by Dacia UK is that I'm also worried about the build quality.

Stories of rattling doors and water ingress are issues from twenty years ago, not 2013.

Anyway good luck to everyone with their new Dusters, hope they prove to be the good buy I initially thought they would be.

Great web site / forum- really enjoyed my time here.
Best regards.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sorry to see you pull out but it is understandable . I have to hope it is just a small blip in new factory build of the r/h cars as I have not read any really bad problems in the 400000 dusters produced. But I think that the company do not care due to the size of the orders that they have. I wonder what would happen if some one was able to calculate the number of cancelation , I under stand that my local dealer has 7, if you multiple that by the 145 dealers that I be leave are in the uk that is 1015 canceled. ?????? Des

·
Registered
13 Posts
I never got round to ordering one but I won't be getting a Duster either...

The garage couldn't sort out my old car (Volvo V40) so needed a new car pronto.

Ended up with a Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6 diesel. 2006, 40k, £4000.... Not exactly a looker as it's basically a van with windows but suits my needs perfectly. Colossal boot. It's got offroad looks but apart from being a bit higher off the ground doesn't have any 4x4 capabilities. Bit like the 4x2 I would have ordered.........

Exactly the same as this one... http://www.honestjoh...ner-combi-2001/ I even got the windows tinted

Very pleased with it. Nice bit of poke in the engine. Still getting used to pedal positions etc though.

Biggest let down (which I knew about) is the the front passenger seat does not fold flat. But it's so high inside that when you take out the passenger headrest you get loads of height to put ladders etc on top of the passenger seat.

Worth checking one out if you've changed your mind about getting a Duster. They're the same as Citroen Berlingos (just different badges).

But good luck to all Duster owners. I know I'll have a pang of regret when I see my first one on the road..........

PS Forgot to mention the rear sliding passenger doors! What a revelation. Why don't ALL cars some with these? Seriously. They seem like they shouldn't make much difference. I wasn't bothered about them. But just wait until you use them to load or unload stuff in town or in car parks or on the driveway next to a brick wall....... So fantastically practical.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I never got round to ordering one but I won't be getting a Duster either...

The garage couldn't sort out my old car (Volvo V40) so needed a new car pronto.

Ended up with a Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6 diesel. 2006, 40k, £4000.... Not exactly a looker as it's basically a van with windows but suits my needs perfectly. Colossal boot. It's got offroad looks but apart from being a bit higher off the ground doesn't have any 4x4 capabilities. Bit like the 4x2 I would have ordered.........

Exactly the same as this one... http://www.honestjoh...ner-combi-2001/ I even got the windows tinted

Very pleased with it. Nice bit of poke in the engine. Still getting used to pedal positions etc though.

Biggest let down (which I knew about) is the the front passenger seat does not fold flat. But it's so high inside that when you take out the passenger headrest you get loads of height to put ladders etc on top of the passenger seat.

Worth checking one out if you've changed your mind about getting a Duster. They're the same as Citroen Berlingos (just different badges).

But good luck to all Duster owners. I know I'll have a pang of regret when I see my first one on the road..........

PS Forgot to mention the rear sliding passenger doors! What a revelation. Why don't ALL cars some with these? Seriously. They seem like they shouldn't make much difference. I wasn't bothered about them. But just wait until you use them to load or unload stuff in town or in car parks or on the driveway next to a brick wall....... So fantastically practical.
Im glad you got sorted and you are happy with your new car Noel, you never know a few years down the line you may be driving a Duster

·
Registered
96 Posts
Cancelled order too and bought a range rover evoque with 190 bhp 4x4.
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Best of luck with the range rover. I had a P38 and did 100k in it. 2 engines, door locks, fan and general wear and tear wheel bearings, brakes system. So you must have plenty of money to keep it on the road. Also main dealer prices and servicing is very costly. Hope you enjoy and don't forget it is still an Indian car as its owned by Tata.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Cancelled order too and bought a range rover evoque with 190 bhp 4x4.

attachicon.gif
image.jpg
DId you get a good deal?? I'm thinking of cancelling my order as they can't give me a vehicle until October possibly...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Here's a thought....according to James May's review of the Evoke, it was designed by Victoria Beckham (I know it was probably the upholstery final choice but bear with me), so.....what pop star has designed our SUV?

Dusty Springfield?

Don't worry it's nearly the weekend and I will be able to go out for a drive in my new car, that'll sort it.

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
Could also be meatloaf, crap out of hell, also, I bought a lemon and want my money back.

All meatloaf songs for those not in the know :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
DId you get a good deal?? I'm thinking of cancelling my order as they can't give me a vehicle until October possibly...
The 4x4 Evoque Pure starts at £31,000. Land Rover are in a very strong position in that demand outstrips supply therefore discounts are not very forthcoming.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Could have had nearly two and a half Dusters for that price!

Reactions: Duster

·
Registered
173 Posts
Lol, excellent comments. Your absolutely right in that the Duster would have cost a significant amount less, in fact around £17,000 (everything spec). However in life nothing is as straightforward as it appears and so was the case here. First of all I ordered a Duster last year and was promised deliver by March. This then slipped to the point where the dealer couldn't even guarantee April. I had a car that was coming to the end of its PCP at the end of February and couldn't be messed around. I knew I wanted a 4x4 and hadn't even considered a Evoque. However when looking around I got such a good deal and with superb residuals that bizarrely it made sense. The 4x4 system was sophisticated, it has hill hold, terrain response etc. I got a fee panaromic roof front LED fogs and front parking sensors. Metallic is in the price, where most other cars its at least £500. It as DAB radio, leather upholstery which is included so when you spec even something like a Toyota RAV or Honda CRV they come out the same price. Reliability of course is an issue with any car but this is a 2013 model and a lot of the initial bugs have been ironed out (bit like you Duster owners are finding out). It looks good, in my opinion, and importantly I don't coset it, I have taken it off road. I've also waded in half a metre of water and no leaks!

I saw loads of Dusters on a recent holiday to Spain, I have to say the European version looks far better built than our Indian version. Shame though as I still think the concept is brilliant. Just think though in 3 years time a 3 year old access 4x4 will be able to be picked up for around £3000, that will be seriously tempting.

Good luck anyway to Duster owners.

Simon

·
Registered
42 Posts
May well be cancelling today as well, and buying a 300c touring instead, only picking that as i like the bling!
HAVE WAITED TOO DAMN LONG FOR A NEW CAR THAT LEAKS AND RUSTS SO CAN'T BE BOTHERED!
For a new company in this country you would think they would have ironed out these problems long before "going live" with their product.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Enjoy your new car.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts