UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got call from my dealer this morning to advise a recall had been issued due to handbrake issues, which will delay delivery of my new baby..

Do these vehicle's suffer from many recalls?

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
First I've heard of a handbrake problem. Perhaps they just found an issue with yours and there's a delay while they fix it.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Or... maybe they noticed an issue in the factory which only affects recent builds.

·
Registered
836 Posts
From memory there was an original brake issue back in march /june 2013 . Dacia said that it was being dealt with at the import centre .

When it comes to recalls , the only one which should be an OFFICIAL recall is the corrosion on India Dusters , but Dacia are doing everything to avoid it becoming a VOSA recall .

·
Registered
188 Posts
I haven't heard of a recall for any handbrake issues. But I had mine into the dealers twice as I wasn't happy with the holding ability. Came back first time with no difference at all, so back it went for them to try again, this time it's okay. I've never used the handbrake ratchet, always pressing the release button in & heaving it on. In fact my last motor had app 20k on the clock when I put it in as part-ex for the Duster, the handbrake ratchet & pawl will have been as new.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Not heard anything on my phase 2, which was manufactured late 2014, and I've not had any issues with the handbrake - in fact I've not had any problems with anything since I got it at the beginning of January. Perhaps it's just a small batch that are involved.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I was always taught to apply the handbrake with the button depressed... 'They' could be wrong though!

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk
my uncle who was my driving instructor used to go mad when I did that.... But in my own car i always press the button in, the click,click,click is so 1980s ;-)

·
Registered
288 Posts
I was always taught to apply the handbrake with the button depressed... 'They' could be wrong though!

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk
Me too, if I can correctly remember that far back ! My wife always user the ratchet on her car (Renault Clio) and the noise of it really grates on me. Seriously though, I've never heard of any benefit from doing so and other car forums I've looked at have many comments from mechanics who recommend pressing the button in. It also reduces ratchet wear. The only caveat is to be sure that the ratchet is actually engaged.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts