UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yeah I was reading 900 miles for the diesel and 600 for the petrol.

Personally I always hold back for the first 1,000 miles then build up the revs for the first few hundred miles after. Probably over cautious as I know some people say drive them hard from the word go.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You should also vary the revs, within the recommended upper limit, rather than stick rigidly to 2000rpm once your up and running.

I'm going to do an oil and filter change at around 1200 miles as well. The service schedule doesn't call for it but I think it's good practice and cheap.

Reactions: sidestand

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You should also vary the revs, within the recommended upper limit, rather than stick rigidly to 2000rpm once your up and running.

I'm going to do an oil and filter change at around 1200 miles as well. The service schedule doesn't call for it but I think it's good practice and cheap.
cheers denis

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I was reading 900 miles for the diesel and 600 for the petrol.

Personally I always hold back for the first 1,000 miles then build up the revs for the first few hundred miles after. Probably over cautious as I know some people say drive them hard from the word go.
yes I have driven may diesels and the ones driven hard early are faster later. but this one I'm buying so prob keep it aroun 2500rpm range :) cheers

·
Registered
188 Posts
There are differing lines of advice on this but you should also be careful not to labour the engine and as said above do not stick to a constant speed, try to vary as much as possible, hard on long journeys when on motorways!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are differing lines of advice on this but you should also be careful not to labour the engine and as said above do not stick to a constant speed, try to vary as much as possible, hard on long journeys when on motorways!
cheers tallywag ill do that. not sure ill be getting that excited on motorways though ;-)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts